Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Second cuppa went down well and tasted good.
Swmbo blood test been done
Washing machine has finished and only cost a penny washing to do now out on the line

How do you manage to calculate that so accurately? I try to use the washing machine and dishwasher at different times, so they are not pulling too much off the grid.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I can't be the only one not one bit bothered about the football ? You can't move for it it's getting quite boring really.

I tend to agree. Also I cannot understand much of what one of the commentators says, apart from when he states the blindingly obvious. He has a very strong accent, and rushes his words.

A grey and somewhat cool day here chez Casa Reynard, with a bit of drizzle hanging in the air.

Did not sleep terribly well due to weird but unremembered dreams and impending Lady Issues. Have had a quiet morning, which largely involved puttering around in the garden. The planters have been watered, the grape vine has had a haircut and I dug out the old pole for the birdfeeders and a wire storage basket from the garage. I rigged this up, and now my herbs (theoretically) should be out of the reach of slugs. Oh, and I have greased the pole with axle grease.

Also have to deal with an admin headache. Cancelled the insurance on mum's old car a while back after it was scrapped. However, mum has two other (necessary) policies with this particular company, and the numpties have now cancelled those too. Aaaaargh. :banghead:

My two options there are either a) forget it and get cover from elsewhere or b) get onto the original insurers and negotiate a good discount on accounting of their stupidity.

The universe is having FAR too much fun at my expense... :cry:

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

I've just successfully found a deserter sock hiding in a bed sheet. Usually when they go AWOL it's because they're irresistibly attracted to Velcro.

I have this problem: my work trousers are equipped with multiple pockets, many of which have velcro on them. Occasionally a pair comes out of the washer having been colonised by the Sock Tribe.

Top Bottom