Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A grey and drizzly day here chez Casa Reynard, although it is *supposed* to have cleared up by now.

Slept well, and had a weird dream about a weird Royal ceremony where they gave out rhubarb & custard-flavoured lollipops to people. Anyways, tidied up the shopping this morning, sorted out my camera gear for a small photoshoot for a cat rescue later, and have done some writing.

I have also been poking through my copy of "Never Look Back" and have spotted some mistakes in the portion of the book that is covered by my archive. In one instance, I could have provided them with a much better quality copy of a photo that they used. It's obvious from the image published in the book that someone has photographed a computer screen, as you can see the reflection of the flash splat in the middle of the frame, and it hasn't been edited out. Whoops. My services were offered to the publisher by one of the people who was involved in the project, but they declined. And so here we are...

It's a lovely book, but I'm slightly disappointed that given the cost of the damn thing, some of the photos are of spectacularly poor quality (Derek's 1990 crash at Monza for instance) and that some easily-fixable errors weren't spotted during the proof stage. And there might well be an unhappy photographer or two when they realise that their work seems to have been used without their permission and / or has been wrongly credited to someone else.

Anyways, enough grumbling. It is time for luncheon.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bin's have bin emptied and neighbour's put it back up the garden path for us as we were out.

Just noticed in the local paper; Lithuania has is expressing gratitude that Germany will soon send troops to the country, and building an entire village for them.
When I first came here, many European states were still expressing misgivings about a stronger unified Germany, how things change.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry all day here but cloudy so no sunshine to take the chill off the northerly wind.
Had to wait till mid morning to find when I get my x ray so did not get out on trike early as I prefer so just mooched around doing odd jobs.
Seemed more yachts in the marina and I see a committee boat out in the bay so probably racing near the entrance to the Sound which I cannot see from my windows.
Must be some new event as Crinan to Tobermory race is not normally until next week. The idea was to give cruising boats an incentive and a fast start at the beginning of the Glasgow Fair.We entered ourselves but not with any great distinction as the Westerly Centaur is more a cruising boat rather than fast racing.
West Highland Week is a bigger event and is normally in August. Bl----ted nuisance as they rafted up to local boats without permission and tended to dump their rubbish in the "guest" boat cockpit.
I found three of them rafted up to my boat once so went out to shift them off but they had difficulty unfixing their mooring ropes. I produced a knife and offered to cut them free and one skipper volunteered the opinion that I had failed Charm School.
How did he guess I wonder?

Top Bottom