Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I never knew that was there. I get sensory overload just looking at it on Google street view.

It's stunning! Lots of artists with rattle cans at work while we were there, too! Granddaughter 'discovered' it when we had a short while to spare before heading home.
DSC_4977.JPG

DSC_4974.JPG

😎

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a yet again overcast and chilly Suffolk. Wet underfoot thanks to the overnight rain which finished about an hour ago and I'm hoping that's the last of it for today.I was first woken at 7am by a message informing me that tomorrow's delivery will be sometime in the morning so another early (for me) start. Friday will be assembly day having looked at the weather forecast 🌧️

The first coffee of the day has been finished and a second one is now required thanks to the first one being a small mug's worth in a large mug as I don't want to spill anything on the new carpet for a while. I shall be keeping an eye on the wind direction & strength as this will determine where I go for lunch and which route I take.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's stunning! Lots of artists with rattle cans at work while we were there, too! Granddaughter 'discovered' it when we had a short while to spare before heading home.
View attachment 736239

View attachment 736240
😎

I saw that on Maps when I was looking at walking routes from Liverpool Street to Waterloo a couple of years ago, but there wasn't enough time for a look. I'm doing the same thing in August with a bit more time or, when I plan to be in the area in late July, it's just a short diversion so thank you for the reminder.

tom73

Guru
Overcast and cool day looks to be the set up for the day. Call into Lidl this morning which turned out to be a new one to me.
Went to the self-service till as normal they only have then on most of the time. Already had one full bag of shopping, put the basket on the shelf next to the till.Took out my bag about to start scanning. Turn around and a Polish woman is scanning her shopping. :eek: Excuse me ... oh very sorry thought you with other lady at that till. Meaning one next to mine. She went and got a member of staff who voided off her shopping. Who then told be to scan some of mine so he could take that off too. :scratch:. So I then started only to find the till was not reducing the bread I had.Call over staff who tried to sort it, who then called someone else to have go. Who then tried and tried until the other member of staff tried a different till. So then I was left to move all my shopping over to the other till and start again. To top it all off due to all this the one who push in ended up leave the shop before me.
Made an interesting morning if nothing else.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I saw that on Maps when I was looking at walking routes from Liverpool Street to Waterloo a couple of years ago, but there wasn't enough time for a look. I'm doing the same thing in August with a bit more time or, when I plan to be in the area in late July, it's just a short diversion so thank you for the reminder.

@PeteXXX might also be nearby towards the end of the month. This sounds like a possible coffee meeting....

(Now I know about it, I'll go and take a look before then but these things are permanently evolving so there'll be new things to see.)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
nipped into town with mrs ck to drop a load of books to the st giles charity shop then onto halfords for a couple of new daytime lights as one bulb was blown and the other one was going , i dont mind paying them to save me the hassle of doing it with my hand.
Came home and did a zwift session.

Top Bottom