Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Day in the office. Collected a headset from IT as the phone system has changed to Teams so thought I would need a set but all the calls diverted to Teams on my work mobile. Confused.
A work colleague brought in an elusive bag of gluten free brown bread flour (unless you use Ocado) . The bread maker on once home the second time (originally forgot to take my milk out of the work fridge) and one nice loaf currently cooling on a rake.

And what with one thing and another, I forgot a Bay of E auction for a magazine I was after. Fortunately it didn't sell, and the seller has relisted it. Whew!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
And what with one thing and another, I forgot a Bay of E auction for a magazine I was after. Fortunately it didn't sell, and the seller has relisted it. Whew!

im half watching a bike but i think they have listed it has the wrong size and although it looks good its got to be 15 years old with the old thumbie 9 speed sora circa 2007

tyred

Legendary Member
I circumnavigated the island today which I'm pleased with considering how hilly it is and I've only got three gears. It didn't take that long either considering I stopped at two distilleries and had a lot of random conversations with the people I met along the way. I regret not taking a picture of the 1980s VW camper which had been wrapped in tartan and actually looked really well.

He has fitted the later 1.9 TD in place of the original 1.6. He said he cracked the cylinder head on the original by tightening an injector to try to stop it from leaking. I'm pleased to find out I'm not the only person to have done that to a VW 1.6 Umwelt diesel!

A very strange weather day where it kept threatening to burn the mist off but never really did until I arrived back at base camp! It rained quite heavy at times but it is also really warm so putting on my coat just caused boil in the bag.

It seems football is happening again tonight.

I think I damaged my back tyre that day I got lost in the forest with the rough stone paths. It is deteriorating as I have gone along and I'm tempted to fit the folding tyre I brought with me rather than risk a blowout as I have two ferries to catch in the next few days.

tyred

Legendary Member
Tyre changed. I think I made the right decision. I bought a folding tyre on a whim as I thought it would be a good idea for touring and then thought I was being too paranoid. Pleased I brought it.

I never have issues with tyres at home but this is the 3rd time I've have had a tyre fail on tour.

IMG_20240625_220910.jpg

IMG_20240625_214805.jpg

Top Bottom