Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tuesday, feels like a Monday!

We had a public holiday yesterday in the UK so we'll be going through the same confusion.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Heavy rain now started as forecast but managed to get out and back before it appeared.
Bloods done and a chat with the nurse who finds the overcrowding in the town unpleasant.
Kitchen clock now fixed as well so easier to read the time.

Barrage of complaints about tourists not letting following traffic past after a convoy went from the ferry to Fionnphort a distance of about 40 miles at a maximum speed of 35 mph due to a car snd motorhome who would not use passing places to allow overtaking.
This is getting more common now due to the vast increase in touroid.
In the middle of all this somebody complains about cyclists going two abreast and not using passing places to allow following traffic to overtake.
If you have no rear view mirror and do not check constantly behind modern cars are so silent that this could easily be true. On my trike which has mirrors I have sometimes been surprised to find a car right behind me wanting to overtake.
I remember one incident a few years ago involving a trike which was eventually forced into a passing place by a public spirited motorcyclist and held there, much to the triker’s obvious rage. He was shaking his fist at the 25 vehicles passing.

Time to do an Upsy Daisy and go find my bed. Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:

sleep well? wake well? we have an expression here. pushing up daisies means dead & buried
1716906519137.png

It's been a soggy old day here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep particularly well thanks to brain not switching off. Spent the morning dealing with the weekend's shopping - had to triage the tangerines I bought yesterday as some were bruised. A friend popped by at lunchtime to pick up her share of the fish and fruit.

Toast with luncheon meat, plus a tangerine, some strawberries and two :cuppa: for luncheon.

Spent the afternoon scanning, identifying and cataloguing F3000 photos.

I've just fed the cat, and soon it will be time to feed me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Heavy rain now started as forecast but managed to get out and back before it appeared.
Bloods done and a chat with the nurse who finds the overcrowding in the town unpleasant.
Kitchen clock now fixed as well so easier to read the time.

Barrage of complaints about tourists not letting following traffic past after a convoy went from the ferry to Fionnphort a distance of about 40 miles at a maximum speed of 35 mph due to a car snd motorhome who would not use passing places to allow overtaking.
This is getting more common now due to the vast increase in touroid.
In the middle of all this somebody complains about cyclists going two abreast and not using passing places to allow following traffic to overtake.
If you have no rear view mirror and do not check constantly behind modern cars are so silent that this could easily be true. On my trike which has mirrors I have sometimes been surprised to find a car right behind me wanting to overtake.
I remember one incident a few years ago involving a trike which was eventually forced into a passing place by a public spirited motorcyclist and held there, much to the triker’s obvious rage. He was shaking his fist at the 25 vehicles passing.
Nothing "public spirited" about forcing another road user off the road.

Top Bottom