Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Sunshine and blue sky here, but a very cold wind.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'd just heard on the radio that someone just got killed going the wrong way on a motorway and then, as if it were a warning, I met someone going the wrong way round a roundabout. He must have been driving on the wrong side of the road to have been able to get onto it.

An accident/incident I saw on the M6 by Junction 1 today was similarly baffling (but not fatal, luckily!)
A car was facing upwards, attempting to climb a motorway sign behind the barriers, with no apparent damage to the armco. I'm not sure if it flew there or levitated.. Hey ho..

Mike_P

Guru
An accident/incident I saw on the M6 by Junction 1 today was similarly baffling (but not fatal, luckily!)
A car was facing upwards, attempting to climb a motorway sign behind the barriers, with no apparent damage to the armco. I'm not sure if it flew there or levitated.. Hey ho..

No doubt going too fast and clipped something sending it airborne. The A61 southbound towards Harrogate decends a hill curving to the left and then a straight walled crossing of Oak Beck and its flood plain. One day encountered the emergency services and a car the wrong side of the wall without a mark on the wall.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd just heard on the radio that someone just got killed going the wrong way on a motorway and then, as if it were a warning, I met someone going the wrong way round a roundabout. He must have been driving on the wrong side of the road to have been able to get onto it.
Head on crash on the M62 this morning.
Westbound on the eastbound carriageway.

Near "No Hope Bridge".

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A day of bright sunshine but sudden torrential rain showers. I got caught out in one. Soaked in seconds.
Went to the library but end up most times now with a couple of crime fiction which is what seems to predominate.

Called at the chemist but could not use the blue badge spaces as one is taken up by an antisocial resident who has a blue badge but could easily park on the other side of the street. In fact it is safer to park at right angles to the street as I have several times seen people reverse out into one parked parallel leaving a dent behind. Never looked at the make of car but a very low slung fast looking job and not something I could even get into and certainly never climb back out.

A local hotel is advertising for staff, specifically "food runners". While I can imagine what this is I have never heard such a term before.

classic33

Leg End Member
A day of bright sunshine but sudden torrential rain showers. I got caught out in one. Soaked in seconds.
Went to the library but end up most times now with a couple of crime fiction which is what seems to predominate.

Called at the chemist but could not use the blue badge spaces as one is taken up by an antisocial resident who has a blue badge but could easily park on the other side of the street. In fact it is safer to park at right angles to the street as I have several times seen people reverse out into one parked parallel leaving a dent behind. Never looked at the make of car but a very low slung fast looking job and not something I could even get into and certainly never climb back out.

A local hotel is advertising for staff, specifically "food runners". While I can imagine what this is I have never heard such a term before.
Another term for waiter's. Although they're job is to provide a quicker service than standard waiter's.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Somehow the little bit of Kent that I was in today only had one short, sharp and very heavy hailstorm and a slightly longer rain shower. Other than that it wasn't a bad day to be trackside - so long as you could get out of the biting wind.
Rainbow.jpg

Top Bottom