Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa brewing
Cloud cover but dry and chilly
Friday at last

Gwylan

Veteran
All this chicken stuff! Has anyone ever seen a chicken on a bicycle?

In China i saw a bike loaded with ducks packed into woven basket type things.
Also saw a cyclist transporting 100s of eggs to market in Madagascar.

But suggesting using a hen to make coq au vin is a step too far.

Where are the mods when you need them?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
You'd be hard pressed to notice any real difference between free range or those kept in a hen house/shed. The same with the eggs.
Battery hens are another matter.

And cocks are dry meat, compared to a hen.

Free range varies.
The ones sold in supermarkets are controlled free range hens as opposed to ones like my grandparents had who wandered everywhere around the croft except near the house kitchen door. A small dog was kept whose sole job was to keep all livestock 50 yards away from the door area.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
All this chicken stuff! Has anyone ever seen a chicken on a bicycle?
Child's play!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast and a cold wind. The sky looking west is a bit ominous and black which does not bode well.

I think I will continue the clearing out of stuff I will never use again but some things I find it difficult to part with as they hold many memories.
There are loads of books which I will never read and they should really go probably to landfill. The charity shops generally have more than they can cope with already.
Some books have a cash value but not very many that I have and unless I mark them my family will not recognise them as valuable and even then will probably junk them.

classic33

Leg End Member
Overcast and a cold wind. The sky looking west is a bit ominous and black which does not bode well.

I think I will continue the clearing out of stuff I will never use again but some things I find it difficult to part with as they hold many memories.
There are loads of books which I will never read and they should really go probably to landfill. The charity shops generally have more than they can cope with already.
Some books have a cash value but not very many that I have and unless I mark them my family will not recognise them as valuable and even then will probably junk them.
Check between the pages of books.
I've found money in a number of secondhand books. Folk do it either to keep the money safe, or as a bookmark. Then forget it's there.

Top Bottom