Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sunday lunch was nice today but should have been better. Some of the veg was too early, roast potatoes were too late, Yorkshire was a tad underdone. Timing wasn't right.,,but it was tasty all the same.
Must try harder...

We have stopped buying whole chickens and do the Jamie Oliver legs hung over the spuds (not mine or Madame Fondo's i'll swiftly add) cl*cking marvelous :hungry:

postman

Squire
a bit of cake was consumed at Costa it was free a reward on your birthday for having the Costa App.And being of the Yorkshire mind,i went for the most expensive one ha ha.£4-05 normally.

I fancy a wine but I have no wine. It's too late for my favourite appassimento because Sainsbury's will be shut before I get there. Decisions, decisions.

Not this one is it? I normally buy a couple when its £8 very nice.
1707068643446.png

Tenkaykev

Guru
coinage what is this strange word.i wonder if detectorists if that is the right word will be as excited in fifty years on finding a pot of plastic debit cards buried in a field,as they do today over a pot of gold or silver coins.
The scene in the Detectorists where they fade back and then forward through time has some quite subtle touches. The part where they are burying the gold has one Magpie on a branch, as the young courting couple walk across the field there are two Magpies in the scene. Wonderful music by the Unthanks too.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Yes, that's the one. But it only gets reduced to £9 now. And I've just discovered that it's £12 in a Sainsbury's Local. Fruity little wine.

Our neighbourhood Morrisons stocks some decent wines at good prices considering its size. I didn't use to frequent it often as we have an M+S foodhall and Tesco local about a mile away. I popped in to get a newspaper and while standing in the queue noticed the range of beers and wines.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Our neighbourhood Morrisons stocks some decent wines at good prices considering its size. I didn't use to frequent it often as we have an M+S foodhall and Tesco local about a mile away. I popped in to get a newspaper and while standing in the queue noticed the range of beers and wines.

We've got a fair-sized one nearby and their wine selection is pretty good. Not quite so good for Italian wines though.

Yes, that's the one. But it only gets reduced to £9 now. And I've just discovered that it's £12 in a Sainsbury's Local. Fruity little wine.

Yes I like it

Their finest italian reds are a good deal when they do 3 bottles with 25% off. Ripasso is great.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain all day so went up to visit my wildlife pal by car all the way rather than walking part of it. Feel very tired today anyway.
Came back with a nice bit of venison tho ‘ so that is tomorrow’s food sorted.
He has got a new Air Fryer as well which he got in Lidl which seems better than my new one but takes up too much space for me as I have a galley kitchen with limited flat area.

Top Bottom