Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Today is my 43rd running anniversary 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Strange to start the day sunny with little wind but according to the forecast more wind and rain is due by this afternoon.
This is one of the worst winters I remember. Gales and rain we have had before certainly but not so prolonged. Ferry cancellations were rare events unlike the present when we seem to have more cancellations than sailings.
I had a lot of dealings with ferries in the past and I remember one MP who was also connected with a seamens union
[ John Prescot ? ] being surprised when I praised one small ferry for missing only one sailing during the whole winter as they carried an artic load of malted barley which was an essential for production of whisky.

My weather station thingy has given up so need to get a new one just for interest really. Better go and fill the car fuel tank first to make sure I have enough money left in the main account after last weeks spending spree.
Bought nothing out of the ordinary as the cost of food seems to have escalated and the airfryer I got was less that I spent on food in only one shop. There are four supermarkets in Oban plus Farmfoods if you count M&S Foodstore and I was in all of them.
Never mind Ernie will surely see me ok tomorrow. :becool:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Clear blue skies
Solar panels are exporting to the grid
Third cuppa tastes better

Top Bottom