Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thats the static van closed, for good (van over 20 years old, site won't let us stay unless we spend £30k on another one) so everything now back home. We've now at east two of everything - house full until we can wash any spare bedding and get it to the loal charity. We've enough 'cleaning' products for a few years, and spare kitchen appliances. Van will be sold and shipped to poland whenre people can keep nice vans as long as they want - not in the UK.

Got loads of stuff for camping now (including a fab tent in the Wiggle sales, and already got two 3 night stays booked on sites. Also got a few nights booked in hotels - daft thing is it's way cheaper than the ground rent. Rent now £4.5k (on top of the van you own) which is for 8 months season - so over £500 a month. You can do alot with half that.

My birthday coming up, so vouchers will be used for two camping beds and a porta potti - whooo !

It has been grey for most of today. I saw the sun briefly early this morning but it soon clouded over with grey cloud. It has been cold . I swapped my bikes over . I dug out my Viscount Apollo Tourer for my Orbit Italia. I then took my Viscount out this afternoon for a ride . The gearing on the bike is higher and has 6 rear sprockets as opposed to 7 on the Orbit. I found the ride a bit harder going as the ratios aren't as close together. The ride itself is fine , it's just getting the right gear which was awkward. I did 13 miles in the end .

While looking for my favourite magnet in the shed, as I'd dropped a very small bolt and couldn't find it by eye, I knocked over my container full of nuts screws washers and bolts..
I now really need to find my magnet to pick them all up 😂

My daughter's other half bought a magnet on the net to go fishing . I thought it was for the grand kids to fish for paper fish with papers clips. It turned out to be a magnet for hurling into canals or rivers on the end of a rope. He put it on an RSJ to see how strong it was . It took his weight when he hung from it and found that he couldn't remove it unless he knocked it sideways.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My daughter's other half bought a magnet on the net to go fishing . I thought it was for the grand kids to fish for paper fish with papers clips. It turned out to be a magnet for hurling into canals or rivers on the end of a rope. He put it on an RSJ to see how strong it was . It took his weight when he hung from it and found that he couldn't remove it unless he knocked it sideways.

I have one of those! I've not caught anything yet, though.

good times
snowy hill.jpg

mirror w cozy.jpg

200 w plowed snow.jpg

cherokee w 6 inches.jpg

pawl

Legendary Member
T

Very popular with owners of narrow boaters for fishing out windlass’s dropped in the cut when opening the sluices and ground paddles at locks

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A day of nothing much achieved.
The fog lifted from above the town about mid afternoon but is still hanging around the golf course which is only a few hundred yards away. Did get my outside thermometer to connect with the indoors bit so I now know it is under freezing point already and looks like to stay for the rest of the week.
Not good news as it makes walking outside more difficult and dangerous. I have no pressing appointments tho' I do need to go to the surgery at some point to get a claim form for hospital travel expenses. I may get summoned anyway to discuss the latest blood tests.
Pleased to hear that I am not the only person to hoard assorted nuts and bolts as well as a collection of nails of various types and sizes. They do get looked at as a neighbour appeared one recent Sunday asking if I had any suitable nails for fixing another neighbour's shed roof. No problem.
Like fossyant I also have a collection of kitchenware from my motorhome as well as two tents and assorted cooking stuff plus stoves. I still have my old primus half pint stove tho' I unwisely gave away the clip for fixing it to the bike crossbar.

Top Bottom