Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Squirrel Chaser

i have had to adjust my water drinking times.i cannot manage 12 glasses of water between 09-00 and 22-45,well i can what i can't do is the three night pees.i need the kip.So 9 glasses and last one at 19-30 i will have a word with the team to see if 3-4 litres is enough water in the day.
Sellotape (other tapes may be more suitable) a hose to it and run it out the window when you go bed...

postman

Squire
Sellotape (other tapes may be more suitable) a hose to it and run it out the window when you go bed...
that's brought and even bigger smile to my face.it was bad enough having a bag on when i had my prostate sorted bag was the size of a pillowcase and i filled it every night.a hose pipe would have been the ideal solution but i don't think the NHS supply them.A superb reply thank you.

i did tell you about my neighbour bringing four apples round this week,my word they are superb also a few slices of cheese going down with them.i have saved the best looking one for last tomorrow tea time.

You'd like the apples I pick from the community orchard here. Not sweet like supermarket apples, but truly lovely.

Finished the last of the Thoday's Quarrendens the other day. Now beginning to make a start on a tray of Cockett's Red.

Squirrel Chaser

You'd like the apples I pick from the community orchard here. Not sweet like supermarket apples, but truly lovely.

Finished the last of the Thoday's Quarrendens the other day. Now beginning to make a start on a tray of Cockett's Red.
I have some red flesh apples in my garden, don't know what they are but very nice.
I have got around 12lbs blanched in the freezer portioned for my winter crumbles

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Quite unconsciously I ate pizza with a big glass of Italian red wine and then settled down to watching England v Italy so I'm now having an English beer. I'm planning for a second English one.

I have some red flesh apples in my garden, don't know what they are but very nice.
I have got around 12lbs blanched in the freezer portioned for my winter crumbles

My own apple trees produced diddly squat this year. But I always make use of the community orchard as they have late season keeping varieties. Which I store in cardboard trays in my unheated hallway. Always got enough for lunches and desserts to hand.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Here's an autumn leaf. It lived a colourful life.
IMG_20231017_144303725_HDR.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I booked a blood appointment in September, earliest I could get was January. Good to know the blood sessions are fully booked next 3 months.
I try and book my next one a couple of weeks before my present one, if that makes sense (!) otherwise the appointments are full.
You sir are a hero
Thank you. 😊

Here's an autumn leaf. It lived a colourful life.
View attachment 710480

I bet that's off some variety of cherry. Cherry leaves have this wonderful habit of going a lovely deep red colour* when they drop.

* That's its ACTUAL colour btw, because the green of active chlorophyll masks the real colour of tree leaves. It's only when the chlorophyll goes *fzzzzzzt* in autumn that we get to see what's been hiding behind it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I bet that's off some variety of cherry. Cherry leaves have this wonderful habit of going a lovely deep red colour* when they drop.

* That's its ACTUAL colour btw, because the green of active chlorophyll masks the real colour of tree leaves. It's only when the chlorophyll goes *fzzzzzzt* in autumn that we get to see what's been hiding behind it.

No cherry trees nearby but it has been a day of fresh winds so it could be cherry from afar.

(I'm not sure I get the actual colour argument. You can't have green leaves without chlorophyll, sure. But without chlorophyll, you can't have the plants that grow it. It's more of a ''latent'' colour of leaves in autumn for me.)

Top Bottom