Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A mixture of sunshine and biblical-level rain showers here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept OK-ish, could've done with another fleece throw on the bed... Spent the morning doing chauffeuring duties at the beck and call of the parental unit. All her errands sorted bar the one item I forgot to get done for myself (whoops!) and home just as the heavens opened. Saw some pretty spectacular lightning too.

Had a lovely lunch of bakery bloomer filled with sliced gammon, some greengages, some strawberries and two :cuppa:

The afternoon's planned chainsaw work has been put on hold due to the inclement weather conditions, so I shall be working on the writing instead. I might also have a nice girly pamper session.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks like the hasp from a door lock to me, that's a wood screw in it

Never thought of that but the problem is nothing wooden has been in the car recently. I wonder if it could have been picked up by a tyre and fallen out again. Tyres are Marathon Plus so that screw would hopefully not penetrate. Hmmm.

Gwylan

Veteran
I refuse to use auto checkouts.

Handed my trolley to one pushy assistant who suggested I could use the auto check out rather than wait for a human being.

Engaging her about getting the zombie staff who vacantly roam the aisles to man the tills was not going to work.

When she asked what I was going to do for my shopping?
I said I'd go to M's.
Now they are closing altogether.
Truth is what I was thinking of saying was not nice and anatomically challenging.

Afternoon stuff done, though it wasn't what I'd originally intended to do.

Rain seems to have finally boogered off.

Time for a :cuppa: and a slice of chocolate cake.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I refuse to use auto checkouts.

Handed my trolley to one pushy assistant who suggested I could use the auto check out rather than wait for a human being.

Engaging her about getting the zombie staff who vacantly roam the aisles to man the tills was not going to work.

When she asked what I was going to do for my shopping?
I said I'd go to M's.
Now they are closing altogether.
Truth is what I was thinking of saying was not nice and anatomically challenging.

I never use self-scan thingies in shops. I'd rather abandon the trolley and go elsewhere for my victuals and leave the staff to 'unshop' my trolley 🛒

simongt

Guru
Sadly, I've had to postpone my meetup with two pals who I've known for fifty years tomorrow as one has just developed a painful bladder infection. :sad:
So, I'm going to cycle to Diss taking an ad hoc route, pop into Madgett's and then have a cuppa & cake somewhere in Diss, followed by another one at the caff at Old Buckenham airfield - ! :okay:

Top Bottom