Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I meant to add this morning that Corran ferry is back on but just as well I did not as it is broken down again and out of service.
Re cars broken down on the ferry. Our “Head Girl” was given an Austin A30 but lost her keys while travelling on the ferry. The car had a few free trips to Oban and back until she found them in the waistband of her trousers. :ohmy:
She was not an A30 person and I got a lift once in her mini. She drove like Jehu to quote somebody ie furiously and on the single track roads swore a lot at inept touroid ( in a ladylike fashion of course):laugh:

If anyone doesn't get the context:

And the watchman told, saying, He came even unto them, and cometh not again: and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. (II Kings 9:20)

And I've known a few ministers of the Gospel who take Jehu as their model in this respect.

Mike_P

Guru
Probably the most mundane three things to go wrong in row;
1. Yogurt top split breaking it off another one.
2. Milk leaked in the pannier going to work.
3. Lid came of small tub of biscuits in the pannier on the way home.
Pannier now anti bacterial sprayed having first retrieved the biscuits.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Car back with MOT and a couple of advisories. Spoke to the guy who did the test and there is a very minor oil leak from an oil seal and a little wear in an anti roll bar bush. Nothing to worry about but I will keep an eye on the oil level and get it fixed in October probably after the next nightmare which is insurance.
Still madness in town and a party of French tried to hijack my diesel at the pumps. They pranced around and waited till I entered my card details before making a dive for the filler hose. It was fairly obvious I had not taken fuel before doing the card stuff but it may have been a genuine error tho’ I am not too sure of that.
Corran ferry off again and the preferred route Oban/Glasgow closed by a bad accident near Inveraray with two helicopters in attendance.
There seems to be major smash nearly every day on roads I used to use regularly. :sad:

Spent the afternoon sitting in my suntrap and fell asleep. I seem to be getting tired very easily and sleep more with vivid strange dreams.
Forecast for tomorrow looks good so must get out on trike and I have a quiet off road route in mind. Even the previously little used forest roads are getting crowded.

Top Bottom