Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've fixed my toilet seat.

I have had a lazy day bum parked in front of the TV watching all the action from Knockhill. Some great racing, dodgy weather and the inevitable BTCC curveballs thrown into the mix.

Will probably spend the evening watching some cycling on catch up. There's still loads from the last week and a half that I *haven't* seen, like the artistic cycling and the cycle ball, which I really do want to watch.

Had pickled herrings in cream sauce on wholemeal toast for supper.

At ours Kizzy is the 'nibbler' her modus operandi is lick,lick............lick, lick, lick.......................lick, lick, lick, lick............chomp. Not too hard like drawing blood or anything but enough to leave teethmarks purring like some engine as she does it.
I'm pretty sure it was because she was separated from her Mum far too early, not our fault, Anna (Maz's Avon rep) had mentioned having kittens she wanted to rehome and one day just turned up at the door with this tiny ball of fur and head still with blue eyes and small enough to stand on the palm of my hand. She was on 'solids' by then but having had Kittens (well my Kissa had) I'd estimate 5-6 weeks.

Madam Poppy was chomp, then lick, lick, lick, lick, purring all the while like a two stroke engine on idle. I really miss that. Must be a tortie thing.

Madam Lexi has two modi operandii, depending on what she wants. If she wants her way NOW, then it's simply *chomp* which tends to be accompanied by claws in one's derriere. If she wants fusses or is being fussed, then it's what I call a "cheese grater" nibble.

Your parents let you watch it?

IIRC the BBC showed it around 1991-ish, so I would've been 16. Also, it was on before "The Power and the Glory" - which was a history of motor racing based on a pair of books by Ivan Rendall.

Also, je l'ai lis en francais avant regarder le programme de television. Le francais est ma premiere langue par ce que ma mere est belge. :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
It took longer than expected, possibly because the weather generally was a bit humid today.
Isn't five hours is a bit too long though.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Madam Poppy was chomp, then lick, lick, lick, lick, purring all the while like a two stroke engine on idle. I really miss that. Must be a tortie thing.

Madam Lexi has two modi operandii, depending on what she wants. If she wants her way NOW, then it's simply *chomp* which tends to be accompanied by claws in one's derriere. If she wants fusses or is being fussed, then it's what I call a "cheese grater" nibble.

Yeah you could be right, Kizzy is my first full 'tortie' although Kissa (who she is kind of named after) had tortie patches as well as black and ginger on a mainly white body I can't say she was a 'tricolour' as there were more than 3 as the black and ginger bits had multiple shades

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There's an important problem that needs solving. I've just finished the pack of custard creams and can't decide what will be the next pack of biscuits/snacks to be opened - the choice is from Oaties (Hobnob clones), dark chocolate topped digestives, shortbread fingers or chocolate chip cookies - and it can only be one of these, not all of them as I should show some restraint.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Yesterday was the day from hell.

Poppy went missing in the morning, and mum found her dead under her favourite lilac bush in the garden.

My trip to Cambridge was totally wasted as the people I needed to see hadn't updated their website to say that their local office was closed.

I split my trousers.

Totally broken today. I miss my tortie girl so much.

I am truly late to this. So very sorry to read this about poor Poppy. They leave such massive holes in our hearts. X

Hebe

getting better all the time
There's an important problem that needs solving. I've just finished the pack of custard creams and can't decide what will be the next pack of biscuits/snacks to be opened - the choice is from Oaties (Hobnob clones), dark chocolate topped digestives, shortbread fingers or chocolate chip cookies - and it can only be one of these, not all of them as I should show some restraint.

I’d go for shortbread fingers but would struggle to stop at one of them…

classic33

Leg End Member
Digestives, no real question. Unless the hobnobs weren't a copy.

Yeah you could be right, Kizzy is my first full 'tortie' although Kissa (who she is kind of named after) had tortie patches as well as black and ginger on a mainly white body I can't say she was a 'tricolour' as there were more than 3 as the black and ginger bits had multiple shades

The gene for white spotting on a cat does funny things to the tortie pattern. The more white a cat has on her, the more distinct the separate patches of red and black become. Reduce the amount of white, and then you get the full effect of the mingled tortie coat pattern.

Likewise, the ginger bits will always show some tabby patterning even if the cat isn't a tabby - it's just the way the gene for red works, and it is why it is SO hard to breed a red self. And it's why you get the different shades in the red patches on a tortie.

Black bits on a tortie should always be solid, unless the cat is a tortie-tabby. Which is the same as a tortie, but where the non-red bits in the coat pattern are replaced by tabby rather than a solid colour.

Though when I say black, this could be any of the solid colours i.e. blue, chocolate, lilac, fawn, caramel etc. Same applies for tabbies.

Top Bottom