Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Been quite humid for most of the day.
1st load of washing out on the line this morning looks dry, Timed nicely as Charlies bedding has just finished and can go out.
MY Jack Wolfskin order has arrived after being sat at the parcel force depot for 4 days.
Can't decide if the boots fit well enough, the shoes feel fine though.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I seem to have almost completely stopped consuming milk. This means I buy it, drink maybe 10%, and the remaining 90% goes off on a yogurt-seeking journey. I'm going to have to buy some of those individual portions that you get in hotel rooms. Apparently B&M sell them. I'll investigate.

Also, after a couple of nights without beer, my weight has decreased, giving me a BMI of under 20. This is unsustainable. Beer and pizza tonight.

Gwylan

Veteran
I seem to have almost completely stopped consuming milk. This means I buy it, drink maybe 10%, and the remaining 90% goes off on a yogurt-seeking journey. I'm going to have to buy some of those individual portions that you get in hotel rooms. Apparently B&M sell them. I'll investigate.

Also, after a couple of nights without beer, my weight has decreased, giving me a BMI of under 20. This is unsustainable. Beer and pizza tonight.

Under 20? Grief, makes me a lardo
Should this be in the Gavin and the Giraffe posts?

yes they were racoons. I think in the video clip I was able to count 4 maybe 5 scrambling around my stuff. this was the larger one, which seemed to stop & wait for the stragglers
racoons JPEG.jpg

Gwylan

Veteran
Where is Hercules going today?

View attachment 701048

Well, Hercules took his long suffering propulsion unit to keep fit. He had a lot of help from a butch but svelte train. He, the train, hopes to grow up and become a bullet train.
I don't have the heart to tell him that just because he has Japanese connections he will never be a bullet train.
Then our hapless couple wandered home along the less popular bye ways of the garden of England.
Managed 35km including a picnic lunch by the sea.
Now they are both having a quiet rest.

Mike_P

Guru
Plan failed with the birthday card, finished WFH early to make it to the post box for the 5pm collection, flip it's now 4.45pm. oh well it will still make it for Friday...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Some idiot sailed one to Norway. Round Anglesey cured ne.

Probably Frank Dye and he also went to the Faroe islands and on to Iceland. He wrote some interesting books about his travels.
My only really hairy moment was in my Wayfarer. I was out with a learner a month after having a kidney removed. We were in the middle of the Sound of Mull when a squall came at us and she hung on to the mainsheet and tiller so we heeled over with water pouring in over the gunnel.
I was yelling at her to let everything go when her foot slipped and she fell into the centre of the boat and lost her grip on the sheet. At the same time I was hanging out as far as possible and thinking " I should really be sitting at home by the fire with my feet up and this is where we die"
With the sheets loose the boat came upright and we survived. :notworthy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain has appeared a few hours later than forecast.
After getting blood extracted went for a walk in a different area from usual. Road traffic to get there pretty dodgy as most going too fast round blind corners and then I met a large van towing a trailer and had to reverse a fair distance as he would have had difficulty reversing with a trailer he could not see on a single track road.
Our Practice Nurse is pretty good so the procedure is completely painless and we had a nice chat as well.
In one hospital stay I was in a four bed ward and every time a nurse appeared with a trolley a shout went up "black puddings for tea tonight lads":laugh:

Top Bottom