Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Yesterday, I finally ended by far and away the longest time it has taken me to actually see a class of train in service since I started spotting in 1991 (I stopped doing it in about 1999/2000ish).

What was this class? Why, they have only been about for the last 10 years or so, they are the humble class 333s.

I have never had any need to go to Leeds you see, so I had genuinely never clapped eyes on one until I saw 333013 at Neville Hill yesterday morning. :blush:
MAD DOUG BIKER..... Mental picture
Leather motorbike jacket with sleeves torn off, loads of threatening tattoos:training:, uses Castrol R as aftershave and looks mean and nasty:gun::cursing:.:whistle::whistle::whistle: Definately to be avoided at all costs.

Mad Doug Biker......reality check

He was once a trainspotter....:whistle::laugh::laugh:

Edited due to further information becoming available

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
He's a trainspotter....:whistle::laugh::laugh:

No I'm not, I USED to spot as I said. Spotting is when you note the numbers down and tick off what you have seen in a book. I haven't done that in YEARS!

Yes, I remember what I have seen because, well, its something you can't just switch off as it were, but that is just it, no further action has taken place regarding it.
Rather, I'm merely a Trainwatcher like a lot of people are these days....

Just because you are an enthusiast/have a passing interest etc etc, does not mean you are a spotter, it never ceases to amaze me that in this age of the internet and info at your fingertips almost instantly, people never realise this, rather they would just continue slagging anyone off who is interested! :rolleyes:

Tell me, what is the public's definition of a trainspotter? I ask because I remember being told once that a trainspotter is someone who goes to a station to see a train.
Which is ok, except that anyone who goes to catch a train must at least look at it unless they are blind or walk around with their eyes shut. Ergo, if you have ever seen a train at a station, that means you are a spotter too! :rolleyes:

Please don't use emoticons to falsely insult me, at least get yer facts right first!! :whistle::blush:

Edited slightly due the original post being edited. :laugh:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I go to train stations these days in the hope I spot one thats going far enough in the direction that I want to go, so as to make it worthwile getting on in the first place.
Wishful thinking I know.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Rats - I has bug :cry:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
sorry, didn't mean to sound arrogant.

This is the third time I have been interviewed by small American stations. The first two were during the TransAm ride, once in Missoula Montanna and another in Padduca Kentucky. Last night however was a very small web station interested in my guitar playing and music as well as the bike ride.
I posted in here as it's not a big deal really.
Nothing arrogant about it, it was just far too interesting for mundane. Now we have a star in our midst :thumbsup:

Hill Wimp

No I'm not, I USED to spot as I said. Spotting is when you note the numbers down and tick off what you have seen in a book. I haven't done that in YEARS!

Yes, I remember what I have seen because, well, its something you can't just switch off as it were, but that is just it, no further action has taken place regarding it.
Rather, I'm merely a Trainwatcher like a lot of people are these days....

Just because you are an enthusiast/have a passing interest etc etc, does not mean you are a spotter, it never ceases to amaze me that in this age of the internet and info at your fingertips almost instantly, people never realise this, rather they would just continue slagging anyone off who is interested! :rolleyes:

Tell me, what is the public's definition of a trainspotter? I ask because I remember being told once that a trainspotter is someone who goes to a station to see a train.
Which is ok, except that anyone who goes to catch a train must at least look at it unless they are blind or walk around with their eyes shut. Ergo, if you have ever seen a train at a station, that means you are a spotter too! :rolleyes:

Please don't use emoticons to falsely insult me, at least get yer facts right first!! :whistle::blush:

Edited slightly due the original post being edited. :laugh:

Scotland can be a small place, lets hope if you two ever meet its either side of a Loch.:laugh:

Hill Wimp

I go to train stations these days in the hope I spot one thats going far enough in the direction that I want to go, so as to make it worthwile getting on in the first place.
Wishful thinking I know.

I go to trains stations in the hope that the train that I get on actually gets to where it says its going at the time it's supposed to.

Complete novelty idea I know:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom