Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
My mobile phone battery is flat.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Were you ever on The Generation Game... where's the Teasmade and the cuddly toy?
:thumbsup:

I couldn't believe that I got away with it! It was probably the only time ever that I had so much delicate and expensive electronic equipment in one place at the same time, and I managed to miss the whole lot with about 100 mL of fizzy drink.

Oh, and I forgot to add these to the list - remote controls for TV, Freeview PVR, and Surround Sound amp, 2 USB flash drives (memory sticks)!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An embarrassing one, especially for a former electronics engineer who got into electronics due to an interest in audio equipment ...

My mobile phone sound quality had been annoying me for ages - it sounded loud and distorted. I kept coming up with all sorts of theories about what might be causing the problem. Maybe there was some obscure menu setting that I had overlooked? It was a used phone bought off someone on eBay - perhaps they sold it because the earpiece was faulty? Perhaps I damaged it when I dropped it? Maybe I needed to update the version of Android that it is running?

So, 9 months later, I finally decided to go online and search for help ...

"Xperia Ray sound distorted" ... thousands of results. I hunt around and then found this suggestion:

"Have you got the volume set too loud?"

What a stupid response! As if, oh, er, hang on ... (phones pal) - "Speak to me while I fiddle with my volume control!"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - really clear sound! :whistle::blush::laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Unfortunately I have no Maltesers left to try this experiment.
You mean you've eaten the full box, and without telling anyone?

You mean you've eaten the full box, and without telling anyone?
I think you'll find I advised of my intention to open said box a few nights ago. When you disputed that it was unopened (if I may just remind you...). It was subsequently opened, and subsequently the contents (thereof) were scoffed:smile:

Edit/ I did share about 2 with Mr Hop in total, which was very very very nice of me I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom