Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I can't get the nice lady who is in charge of talking to parents about school meals to understand that....

I am not impressed that their fish fingers are gluten, nut, dairy & egg free and that they are 65% alaskan pollock...

...because if they just fed them Alaskan Pollock Fillets they would be naturally gluten, nut, egg & dairy free and also would not have all these extra bits in Rice Flour, Dried Potato, Maize Starch, Maize Flour, Water, Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Mustard Powder, White Pepper, Vegetable Oil, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum; Colours: Paprika Extract), Vegetable Oil

classic33

Leg End Member
Positive mundane news: I put a load in the washing machine before I went out for a hilly walk in the sunshine.
Negative mundane news: The wash aborted and the machine displays error code E3. I just looked it up - 'motor fault'. Oh, super! :cursing:

So now I have 3 things to do:
  1. Work out how to open the door to get the washing out.
  2. Take the washing to a friend's house to do it in her machine.
  3. Find the paperwork and see if the machine is still under warranty. I think it is 2.5 years old so it might be, or it might not be.
Is a hoover/Candy washing machine?
If it is you should be able to remove the top, two/four screws at the rear, holding top in place. Give a firm tap back, thereby releasing the top. Manual override is available down near the door lock.
Do not try manual overide whilst the machine is actually turned on at the mains. Leave the plug in therby providing an earth.

This part should work on all machines.
Pull the washing machine out, to allow access to the rear.
Turn both hot & cold water supplies to the machine off.
Turn the power of at the mains, but leave connected.
Remove drain pipe, coming out of the machine, at the point it joins your main drain.
Bowl on the floor, below the level of the drum.
Lower drain hose into bowl, raising it only when required to stop the flow of water.
Repeat as many times as is required to empty the machine, remembering that water will be held by the washing.
Machine should recognise the fact that it is now empty. Confirm by turning on & allowing the electronic lock to be released.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
At least You sacked the cleaner. Mine sacked me as there was nothing for her to do with me being a neat freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom