Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank goodness!

I was joking, but I just had an unpleasant flashback to an incident about 25 years ago when a group of young local children were 'playing' with a cat and one of them took the playing too far, resulting in the cat getting pretty badly injured ...:thumbsdown:

TBH, I can't believe having done it once, that she'd do it again. It's a hell of a drop. I'd prefer she got out of the habit pdq.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
TBH, I can't believe having done it once, that she'd do it again. It's a hell of a drop. I'd prefer she got out of the habit pdq.

Is she evel KATnievel :giggle:

ThinAir

Do more.
Is there another word for synonym?

poecilonym, perhaps? I may be wrong and would love to be corrects if this is the case. However, this is the best that a few minutes of googling could come up with :smile:

ThinAir

Do more.
Some pictures from my aforementioned outing...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 28

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Following on from the language theme, when was it that people started using ''So'' to answer a question? It's a bit like ''alors'' or ''also''(German) and it usually signifies a fairly complex answer is about to come. I think I only noticed it when news people were asking Bostonians about the bombing of the marathon. Since then, I've realised that it's well established and I keep hearing it. So, when did it start? And what did we use to say before then?

Lullabelle

Banana
One of the cats has just jumped out of the bedroom window. I was told she did this the other night but didn't entirely believe it. However, sitting downstairs I have just seen a cat hurtle past the window :eek:. She is perfectly fine, but if she encourages the manic young one with no common sense to do likewise, there will probably be broken limbs :sad:. If the lazy fat one should also do likewise, this would result in a large 'SPLAT' :biggrin:

TVC once caught our cat half way out of the bathroom window, 2 floors up. No common sense that one :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom