Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I'm on my iPhone so have no smilies. You know that one that bounces up and down madly, well that may give you an idea of the answer and how I feel. Er no !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Doesn't the train company pick up the bill then ?
A friend's train had to stop at Rochdale last night because of an explosion risk next to the railway line. The rail company laid on an emergency bus service for passengers.

An aunt of my mum was due to travel from Glasgow to Oban by train once but a landslide blocked the line. The rail company paid for a taxi to take her the 95 miles home!

TVC

Oh that's horrid.

Mines just got even better. A car has crashed into a rail bridge and my train is now being diverted. My taxi from the diverted station will be £25. I'm really trying to think nice things :-/
Did I ever mention that my commute takes 4 minutes either by car or on bike.

I don't suppose that helps does it :hello:

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh that's horrid.

Mines just got even better. A car has crashed into a rail bridge and my train is now being diverted. My taxi from the diverted station will be £25. I'm really trying to think nice things :-/

Doesn't the train company pick up the bill then ?
They should do. Pick up a form at the station you board your train. Clearly stating that you wish to claim back the cost of the taxi, due to them not being able to keep to their side of the contract.
Standard proceedure, so they may not know a thing about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom