In Praise of Air Conditioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My old house it did that, late 1800s stone built. Very thick walls that just absorbed and retained all heat.

yeah mine around 1955-60 with cavity wall .

gbb

Squire
Our next door neighbours apparently have a portable, there's a great big flexi pipe sticking out their window.
It must be working awfully hard, eternally trying to cool the warm air coming in the rest of the open window ?

I'd love aircon, not sure why we never took the leap, 4am, sat awake because I can't sleep with the heat, been the same all this week.

johnnyb47

Guru
Slightly off subject but I've bought one of those neck band fans.
A girl at work has got one and was quiet impressed with it after trying it, so a bought one myself.

dicko

Guru
Our next door neighbours apparently have a portable, there's a great big flexi pipe sticking out their window.
It must be working awfully hard, eternally trying to cool the warm air coming in the rest of the open window ?

I'd love aircon, not sure why we never took the leap, 4am, sat awake because I can't sleep with the heat, been the same all this week.

I made an adaptor for our windows from old piece of translucent plastic sheet. All double glazed window's shut nice and cool indoors.

Reactions: gbb

dicko

Guru
Here’s our Clark air con unit, bought three summers ago from Machine Mart. I made a window adapter from translucent plastic sheet for exhaust tubing so all double glazed windows closed and nice and cool indoors. It does produce a bucket full of water a day which we feed to our plants.

IMG_4006.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Raining this morning so summer is officially over .

It's still warm.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
there is something called Little Switzerland near Essendon I think, although having cycled thru it I wasn't convinced

Top Bottom