Hurricane watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Here we go again. Every year in N England we get storms like this, more in Scotland
Once in a decade there is one in S England and the southern-based media thinks the world is going to end
Get a grip soft southerners :thumbsup:

That's a fair point to be honest- for Wales too. I lived in Aberystwyth (on the sea front :ohmy:) when the 1987 storm hit.
It was pretty much just a normal Autumn day in Aberystwyth!

Last edited:
Is everyone still ok, or is civilisation breaking down yet?

RedRider

Pulling through
upload_2013-10-27_0-3-13.jpeg

Not a flicker.

I'm off to bed.

e-rider

Banned member
forecast for tomorrow is 24mph winds, and 35mph on Monday - although that's quite windy it shouldn't cause too much trouble I hope.

classic33

Leg End Member
In some places gusts of upto 75mph are being forecast for the morning(06:00 - 09:00) & again in the afternoon.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just a thought, but given that there were two 01:59:59's this morning, do I now add an hour to the forecast times?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's all very quiet down in SE London. I can hear a robin outside, and Heathrow's flight path seems to be overhead this morning - that's 3 in three minutes. But they're not Hurricanes.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well its all due to kick off any time soon, batten down the hatches & keep a battery powered radio to hand for when the power lines are brought down. That way you'll be able to hear that you're doomed!

Top Bottom