Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur Hakobyan

I was thinking my commute is longer than average but after your comments guys it looks tiny. My round trip is jus under 20 miles. I also like to thank that I'm faster then average :-) so my one way (9.3 miles) takes 35-40 minutes

clay_bs7

Regular
At the moment a short 3 mile commute each way. In March the place I work for is moving, so it will be 7 miles each way.. 14 a day sounds pretty awesome to me! At the moment I always commute on my FG, but I wonder how long it'll be until I switch to my road bike when we make the move, haha.

TheTog

Regular
I have a small commute of just 1.3 miles to my studio on the other side of town. I only ever drive it if I need to be moving hefty gear from home to studio or back, otherwise I'll always cycle there. On days where I'm in no rush I'll go a longer way and bump up the mileage to 2.4.

simongt

Guru
About 25 miles round trip daily, which including shopping, pub etc., makes my annual mileage on the saddle around the 5k mark; about the same as I do in our car - !:wahhey:

Jimidh

Veteran
I have 14 miles mostly downhill there.

The 14 miles uphill is fun on the way home after 9 hours on my feet.

I only do it 2-3 times per week - those are my favourite days.

uclown2002

Guru
Just in the process of moving so will take my commute from 15 miles a day round trip to nearer 50..will need to go to bed earlier...
That's the spirit! :okay:

paul04

Über Member
Monday was hard work on the way home, 1st half downhill with the wind behind me :smile: and 20mph+
second half of the ride home uphill into a strong headwind and at one point 4mph :sad:

So Tuesday, a different way home, downhill into the wind, so not to bad, and then uphill with a tail wind :smile:

Hello, I commute 22 miles round trip, and leaving the house at 0500hrs in the morning is deeply unpleasant. Though it got slightly more unpleasant at the start of the month when the end of my road had been secretly turned into an ice rink, bike one way, me the other.

Twisty

Normally 12 mile there and back. But now the lighter mornings and evenings are in it'll be 14 miles there and any thing from 14 to 30 on way back!! :sun::sun::sun::cycle:

Top Bottom