Highest Mileage on a normal car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
XC70 here, purchase price of 1k, I’ve spent that easily on maintenance in the 7 years I’ve owned it and put 55k onto it. E3 163 engine.
We’re now at 225k miles. It’s tired and full of dents but gets the family around in comfort and safety. I’m happy enough.

Wouldn't mind a xc70 tbh.
Good cars! Ideal for rough roads around here!

Aye lad, low mileage is fine if a car has been maintained and stored properly, but it can also bring all sorts of grief if it hasn't.

In and of itself it isn't an automatic sign of good things, yet folk get strangely excited about it.
The 'free Corsa' was serviced no matter what bi-yearly, by a family friend/mechanic who'd worked in the local Jaguar/Toyota/VW dealerships
It even had a new cambelt

My wife's micra is 9 years old, with 30K miles on it.

3 of the four tyres currently on it now need replacing, not because of wear, but from perishing (one is still original from 2015, the other two were fitted in 2018 and 2019, the one fitted in 2021 is still OK).
The (above) Corsa needs a new quartet of tyres too, as they're the original (2012) set, & have 'greyed', they also seem to ride very roughly due to 'hardening'

Hicky

Guru
Wouldn't mind a xc70 tbh.
Good cars! Ideal for rough roads around here!

They’re heavy on suspension parts I believe and on fuel too. If I had to replace with a v70 I wouldn’t complain. Internally they’re almost identical I believe

Last edited:
Top Bottom