Helmet replacement or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody ambulance chaser.

"Excuse me old chap, will you still be needing this?"

That's my experience as well. I was in an RTA 10 weeks ago. Hit by a tractor. The insurers ask as well and I suspect whatever the injury, head or other, will use not wearing a helmet as a form of negligence.

Has that ever happened - in a court or as part of a negotiation??

If it has it is worth knowing about but I have never seen anything saying it

Has that ever happened - in a court or as part of a negotiation??

If it has it is worth knowing about but I have never seen anything saying it

Of course it hasn't internet Myth.

Like the cyclist who submit s video footage and is then prosecuted by police for poor cycling. Internet Myth - but we love em here on CC.

tyred

Legendary Member
Of course it hasn't internet Myth.

Like the cyclist who submit s video footage and is then prosecuted by police for poor cycling. Internet Myth - but we love em here on CC.

I have no idea but the driver's insurance has asked me enough questions about my lack of helmet so they must want that info for some reason.

I wonder if they asked their customer to explain why he decided to ignore a stop sign and t-bone me.

I have no idea but the driver's insurance has asked me enough questions about my lack of helmet so they must want that info for some reason.

I wonder if they asked their customer to explain why he decided to ignore a stop sign and t-bone me.

If and when that happens let's us know. Until then it's hypothetical.

For context I had a bump in the car recently. I've been asked so many times how the bloke towing the caravan hit my car

Gillstay

Veteran
I don't the answer to this. As I say suspect this would be the case. Insurers are always looking for a way out of a claim.

My solicitor dealt with a case where the insurance wanted to lessen the claim by 25% because the bloke was walking along the pavement when the vehicle hit him. If he had not been there it would not have happened.
My very good solicitor thought this was coming and had got his client in the next office so then invited the insurance bloke to come and explain it to the chap. They paid the proper amount instead. Its all a game to them till they have any personal effect.

That was not what I meant at all.

My suggestion is " buy new helmet, you cannot buy a new brain or head"

It takes huge ignorance to believe one can survive every head - hard object impact incident unscathed.

yes - but you only need to wear a helmet on the rides where your head is going to come into contact with hard object

On every other ride a helmet is unnecessary and just extra weight, uncomfortable and uncool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom