Has something gon wrong with the internet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big John

Guru
The cleaner has clearly unplugged a critical piece of equipment so they dan power their vacuum cleaner.

:whistle:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I heard that turning computers off & on again 15 times, in the hope that the patch will catch, might sort it... 👍

The cleaner has clearly unplugged a critical piece of equipment so they dan power their vacuum cleaner.

This did actually happen during my brief stint as IT support in a hospital! (to be specific- they unplugged the cooling fans for a comms cabinet. )

markemark

Über Member
The fix is an easy one. I don't wish to post it here as people should always make sure it comes from reputable sources and cleared with their IT.

It takes less than a minute but requires a Fingers On Keyboard fix

Reactions: C R

Dadam

Über Member
A Microsoft cybersecurity patch has gone wrong and causing BSOD issues on many systems.

As mentioned above it's a patch for Crowdstrike Falcon cybersecurity software, all in one antivirus and endpoint protection. It's not a microsoft patch but it only affects Microsoft Windows machines, so any organisation that has Crowdstrike on managed desktops or their servers will have the issue. It's unlikely to affect personal PCs as that it's enterprise software not consumer level.

The wider ramifications are where companies have it running on servers. Said servers will be offline until somebody reboots and does the manual fix.

https://www.theregister.com/2024/07/19/crowdstrike_falcon_sensor_bsod_incident/

The fix is an easy one. I don't wish to post it here as people should always make sure it comes from reputable sources and cleared with their IT.

It takes less than a minute but requires a Fingers On Keyboard fix
Easy per machine, but not if you have 1000s of machines.

markemark

Über Member
As mentioned above it's a patch for Crowdstrike Falcon cybersecurity software, all in one antivirus and endpoint protection. It's not a microsoft patch but it only affects Microsoft Windows machines, so any organisation that has Crowdstrike on managed desktops or their servers will have the issue. It's unlikely to affect personal PCs as that it's enterprise software not consumer level.

The wider ramifications are where companies have it running on servers. Said servers will be offline until somebody reboots and does the manual fix.

https://www.theregister.com/2024/07/19/crowdstrike_falcon_sensor_bsod_incident/

Easy per machine, but not if you have 1000s of machines.

Yes, I said that up thread. And some organisations will have million across hundreds of sites

Top Bottom