Has something gon wrong with the internet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
According to Jeremy Vine something has gone wrong and people can’t access their bank, Doctors etc. Lots of airlines grounded flights too that’s all I know been painting the shed most of the morning.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Russia !!

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Many Microsoft services have shat the bed; which evidently underpin a lot of infrastructure.

We were seeing what might have been the beginnings of this a week or so ago at work, with Office 365 products getting glitchy; syncing issues etc.

Can't say as I'm sorry that I'm neither in the office today or a private subscriber to any of the systems involved!

markemark

Über Member
Yep. Crowdstrike are used by huge organisations for cyber security. They’re who you call when you’ve been hacked. They released and update and anyone with a windows device that uses crowdstrike are in a mess.
I’m not sure how easy it is to remotely undo the update. If devices are stuck on the bsod then I’m not sure they’ll be able to auto update to the patched version for the fix.

They’ll be organisations with literally millions of devices that need fixing. If having to be done manually this is one serious problem.

OP
OP
dicko

dicko

Guru
East Midlands Airport are having to check all hold baggage by hand 😮
Huge delays apparently

markemark

Über Member
I'm due to fly this weekend and can't check in.

To fix it they need to re-start every machine by hand in Safe mode and apply a fix.

Yep this is potentially the issue. A very easy and quick fix. But someone physically at each device as can’t push through an update or access remotely as the devices are dead.

Top Bottom