Has anyone tried the latest flavour of Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I had "something" about a month ago; starting with a sore throat worsening towards the end of day one and rapidly progressed into the usual flu-like symptoms that saw me in bed for all of day two with muscle aches / fatigue / congestion.

Sounds like flu

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Sounds like flu

Perhaps, although in the past the obvious, majorly debilitating symptoms lasted significantly longer (perhaps 2-3 times as long as this one did), however there wasn't the protracted period afterwards of fatigue and respiritory issues..

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Did you do a COVID test ?

I have had COVID recently ...2nd time . Sore throat and croaky voice - only did a test as I due of hospital procedure.
Tested positive.

Banging headache, slightly runny nose - but I've never slept so much.!!!

Nup - as per my previous post we don't have any, nor does there really seem a whole lot of point chasing them given how rife / unchecked it seems to be now.

I cetainly slept a lot too.... hope you're fully recovered now!

Nup - as per my previous post we don't have any, nor does there really seem a whole lot of point chasing them given how rife / unchecked it seems to be now.

I cetainly slept a lot too.... hope you're fully recovered now!

Well I tested positive on a Thursday - precisely one week before I was due in hospital for an angioplasty.

I rung to cancel - I was staggered when they said "see how you are Monday"

Rang the hospital again on Tuesday - saying I felt much better - but was still testing positive.

They said procedure could still go ahead as I would no longer be contagious as I would have had COVID for at least 7 days.

Sure enough went in and angioplasty went ahead. .....how times change.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Well I tested positive on a Thursday - precisely one week before I was due in hospital for an angioplasty.

I rung to cancel - I was staggered when they said "see how you are Monday"

Rang the hospital again on Tuesday - saying I felt much better - but was still testing positive.

They said procedure could still go ahead as I would no longer be contagious as I would have had COVID for at least 7 days.

Sure enough went in and angioplasty went ahead. .....how times change.

Friend who works for the NHS, this year they can get / through work Flu jabs, where as if they want Covid jabs, they have to arrange these themselves...

Friend who works for the NHS, this year they can get / through work Flu jabs, where as if they want Covid jabs, they have to arrange these themselves...

I work for the NHS and it was like that last year. The local trust handled the flu jabs - but the COVID jabs were handled by an NHS team. Still just a case of showing your NHS number and bang - done. Still done at place of work.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Perhaps, although in the past the obvious, majorly debilitating symptoms lasted significantly longer (perhaps 2-3 times as long as this one did), however there wasn't the protracted period afterwards of fatigue and respiritory issues..

Equally it could be a cold. No reason it is Covid over those two.

simongt

Guru
The GLW has just had a bout of Covid.
It wasn't any worse than a bad cold; bunged up nose, coughing, mostly at night, thick head.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, I can confirm that, I work for the NHS too.
I work for the NHS and it was like that last year. The local trust handled the flu jabs - but the COVID jabs were handled by an NHS team. Still just a case of showing your NHS number and bang - done. Still done at place of work.
Last year we had the mobile van plus an in house vaccination day for both jabs.
This year we have only a flu jab clinic in house for staff, while we have to find a location for the Covid jab ourselves.
Mind, I have been in this NHS job now for over 3 years, at no point has anyone checked if staff had any Covid vaccinations at all, or was indeed testing regularly when it was required.
Indeed, I know several staff that only had the first one or none at all.
While patients had to do compulsory Covid tests in the wards or before a procedure as outpatients up until last year.
Go figure!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I thought that I might have caught the new Covid a few weeks ago but I tested negative.

I have had my invites... When they do flu and Covid the same day, I assume that it is 2 separate jabs rather than both vaccines mixed together?

It makes sense to get them done on the same visit to the health centre but I worry that double side effects might be an issue. Last year I had the jabs done a few weeks apart. Has anyone had a problem with having both done together?

I had one in each arm minutes apart with sore shoulders for a couple of days but no really serious after effects. People do vary in reaction tho' so that is nothing to be relied on.

Drago

Legendary Member
I had them both in the same arm so there was no danger of being unable to sleep on at least one side.

Mrs D had one each side and had a restless night through being unable to get comfy for long.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had one in each arm minutes apart with sore shoulders for a couple of days but no really serious after effects. People do vary in reaction tho' so that is nothing to be relied on.
I had my jabs yesterday morning. I got the sore arms about 12 hours later and started to feel a bit like I was coming down with a cold but I didn't get the post-jab shivering of previous years.

I will probably limit myself to a maximum of 1 hour on the bike today. I'll do a longer ride once the effects have died away.

Top Bottom