Has anyone tried the latest flavour of Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
On the bus earlier passed a pharmacy with a board outside stating " Free Flu Jabs ". A couple of places locally are doing " walk ins "
Got a notification yesterday inviting me to have a RSV jab at the local surgery.

Alex321

Guru
Covid now mostly through pharmacies (at least in England)
Book here https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/cov...ccination-services/book-covid-19-vaccination/

We're in Wales, which often has different rules.

The NHS Wales site says:
People in the following groups will be eligible for a single dose of Covid-19 vaccine during the autumn 2024 Winter Respiratory Vaccination Programme:

• Residents in a care home for older adults
  • All adults aged 65 years and over
  • People aged six months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as defined in tables three and four of the COVID-19 chapter of the Green Book
  • Frontline health and social care workers
  • Staff working in care homes for older adults
  • Unpaid carers
Eligible individuals in the first three groups listed above will receive an appointment invitation from their local health board. Those in the remaining three groups should check with their local health board as to how they can access a vaccination.

While the NHS England site is quite different

Who should have the COVID-19 vaccine

The COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for people at increased risk from COVID-19.

You may be offered a COVID-19 vaccine if you:

• are aged 65 or over
  • are pregnant
  • are aged 6 months to 64 years and have an increased risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19 because of a health condition or treatment
  • live in a care home for older adults
Who’s at increased risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19

How to get the COVID-19 vaccine

If you're eligible for the winter COVID-19 vaccine, you can:

Some people may be able to get vaccinated through a local service, such as a community pharmacy or your GP surgery, or a care home if they live in a care home.

You do not need to wait for an invitation before booking an appointment.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just had a blood sample taken for testing and booked my flu and Covid jabs while I was at the health centre. I will see how I get on with both jabs on the same day, one in each arm. If all goes well, I will stick to that in future. If I feel significantly worse than the one rough night I usually suffer, I will reconsider what to do next year.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I thought that I might have caught the new Covid a few weeks ago but I tested negative.

I have had my invites... When they do flu and Covid the same day, I assume that it is 2 separate jabs rather than both vaccines mixed together?

It makes sense to get them done on the same visit to the health centre but I worry that double side effects might be an issue. Last year I had the jabs done a few weeks apart. Has anyone had a problem with having both done together?

Had one in each arm on Thu last week. Nothing major to report other than mildly achy joints.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yikes... My old braincells are definitely wearing out!!! :eek: :wacko:

Same here. I had the booster this morning (and a flu jab in the other arm). I felt a bit crap for a couple of hours and got the shivers, but am feeling a lot better now, apart from feeling that I have been punched in both arms.

I remember now... One of the jabs was done really quickly and gently. I was still heading for the chair across the room when the nurse announced that the jab had already been done! I struggled to believe it until I felt discomfort in the arm that evening.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
When they do flu and Covid the same day, I assume that it is 2 separate jabs rather than both vaccines mixed together?
Yes.
Has anyone had a problem with having both done together?
None here. I started getting the flu vaccine when it was offered with the Covid vaccine, even though the only time ever I have had flu was when I was a teenager.
Meantime I started to work in a hospital, so I take any jabs offered, never had any ill effects.
Seems to be an aggressive strain of flu this year and its not winter yet.
NHS boards South Lanarkshire/ Greater Glasgow and Clyde seem to agree.
For a time, there where no Covid vaccinations to be had, you could book one, but only the flu vaccine was available when you got to the centre.
The nurse said it was because the NHS wanted all to get the flue vaccine first.
The Covid vaxs are now available again, I'm booked in next week.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I thought that I might have caught the new Covid a few weeks ago but I tested negative.

I have had my invites... When they do flu and Covid the same day, I assume that it is 2 separate jabs rather than both vaccines mixed together?

It makes sense to get them done on the same visit to the health centre but I worry that double side effects might be an issue. Last year I had the jabs done a few weeks apart. Has anyone had a problem with having both done together?

Last year (or the year before) when they let the over 50s have the jabs I had both at the same time, one in each arm. I had no issues, but then again I have never had a reaction to any vaccinations.

screenman

Legendary Member

I will let you know over the next couple of days, I had both mine done today.

screenman

Legendary Member
I should add I did have Covid about six weeks ago and tested positive for 8 days, two less than the last time I had Covid. I am back training hard and working well, but only feeling 80% and the tickly cough comes and goes.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
'There is evidence that COVID can affect taste as well as smell. This loss of smell and taste may cause your favorite foods to taste and smell differently following your COVID illness. Food may taste bland, sweet, or metallic...'

Top Bottom