Great Quotes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For those watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green.
A funny one, but rather like the Paul/John/George (Take your pick, it always changes) one about Ringo not even being the best drummer in the Beatles, it was made up.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

slowwww

Veteran
Groucho Marx on his television show ‘You bet your life’ to one of the female contestants who had 17 children

GROUCHO: “Why do you have so many children? That’s a big responsibility and a big burden.”

MRS. STORY: “Well, because I love my children and I think that’s our purpose here on Earth, and I love my husband.”

GROUCHO: “I love my cigar, too, but I take it out once in a while.”

Tim Hall

There's a programme called "Quote Unquote" on Radio 4 where various tired old luvvies celebrities are wheeled out to regurgitate highly familiar sayings, aphorisms and quotations with the air of having discovered something new and amusing. It's chaired by Nigel Rees and I dive for the off switch as soon as I hear that it's on.

A lot of this thread reminds me of it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My Grandad instructing me to sit on top a trailer load of tree branches:

"Sit up there and make a noise like a piece of rope"

Was it?
There's lots of references to it across new outlets on the web. I can't find any suggestion it was fake.
The colours change all the time and no one has been able to produce any footage of it being said, supposedly by Ted Lowe commentating on a Pot Black game. It is just a joke that has passed into legend, like the Ringo quote and the Bob Holness playing sax on Baker Street.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The colours change all the time and no one has been able to produce any footage of it being said, supposedly by Ted Lowe commentating on a Pot Black game. It is just a joke that has passed into legend, like the Ringo quote and the Bob Holness playing sax on Baker Street.
Have to agree with that last part. Holness was actually the drummer.

Top Bottom