Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Guru
1701697385420.png

Eyebrook

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.560...rFIdIFms8Jjcb6-g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu

T4tomo

Legendary Member

correct, rode past it on this ride as confessed to a couple of pages back!!!

1701700908828.png

Willd

Guru
Yeah, I've been past it to, in the opposite direction though and thought it looked familiar. It's one of the more open localish reservoirs, with less trees around the edge. Also did a NTR on it myself a while back :okay:

robjh

Legendary Member
A like frpm @Willd, and I'm self-evidently correct, so maybe I should proceed?

Plenty of clues in this one, another good effort from the rooftop camera:

View attachment 715434
if only we knew what that landmass in the distance is
1701893284233.png

it's neither very flat nor with a distinct hill outline, and is beyond quite a bit of sea. I have some ideas but they all mean a lot of searching.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
@robjh's observations are pretty accurate. The Severn Estuary it certainly isn't.

If I zoom in one step within street view the shape of the distant land becomes more discernible, but I'm unable to show the wind turbines on the left:

Road2a.jpg

Aravis

Putrid Donut
To confirm, the turbines are are identified on the map, but I didn't say whether I'd included all of them.

As no-one's recognised this I can only assume none of you have ever ridden this way because I don't think it's a view you'd forget. A diamond, you might say.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
To confirm, the turbines are are identified on the map, but I didn't say whether I'd included all of them.

As no-one's recognised this I can only assume none of you have ever ridden this way because I don't think it's a view you'd forget. A diamond, you might say.

I was thinking that this was a view of the Isle of Wight, but had a look at the map and couldn't find anywhere sufficiently rural and hilly to match.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Still not found it? a couple of points which might steer you to the right area:
  • The diamond clue was a little off-target, and I ought to tell you why.
  • You want the gospel in French? Buy it online!

Top Bottom