Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Nothing very tight in those cryptic clues!

robjh

Legendary Member
A view of the Mull of Galloway perhaps. Just a guess at this

If it were, what would you be looking across?

I've been looking on both sides of the Irish Sea, if that's what you mean, but so far to no avail. Nor around Morecambe Bay, Solway Firth or Firth of Forth.
Diamond is obviously signficant, and I also got a possible 'evangelist' vibe from the clues, but am still no further forward.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If it were, what would you be looking across?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.892494,-4.8034618,3a,69.9y,181.27h,94.37t/data=!3m10!1e1!3m8!1sqBqsOxk6SyLzQXhfA6XOig!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=qBqsOxk6SyLzQXhfA6XOig&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=269.51935&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192!9m2!1b1!2i34!5m1!1e4?entry=ttu

Luce bay in the sky with Diamonds?

1702287459661.png

this guess was made i conjunction with @Mike_P wind turbine map and @twentysix by twentyfive hunch and knowledge of the beatles.
not sure i understand all the clues though - as usual with @Aravis :laugh:

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Well done @T4tomo!

Luce bay in the sky with Diamonds?
Yes, this is what I intended, admittedly not the strongest of clues. I tried to show that there's also a Y (why) in play, but perhaps it all became over-complicated. Moi?

I was quite pleased with the other clue. Gospel in French - not Matthew (Matthieu), or John (Jean), but Luke (❄️🖐️) is Luc. Buy it online - see where I'm going?

Over to @T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Alex321

Guru
Well done @T4tomo!

Yes, this is what I intended, admittedly not the strongest of clues. I tried to show that there's also a Y (why) in play, but perhaps it all became over-complicated. Moi?

I was quite pleased with the other clue. Gospel in French - not Matthew (Matthieu), or John (Jean), but Luke (❄️🖐️) is Luc. Buy it online - see where I'm going?

Over to @T4tomo

That is the sort of clue you can understand when you know the answer, but is very hard to work out the answer from it unless you are as familiar with all place names as you are with the English language :smile:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Thought there was a small pole-mounted post box on the right, but closer inspection shows it to be an attempt to obscure the thing behind it, which would provide a clue.

Top Bottom