Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
having spent the weekend in the Calder valley, I felt like I'd been having flash backs to half of @ColinJ 's NTR offerings....
Were you on your bike?

GuyBoden

Guru
The NTR could be this:

Pant-Howel-Ddu Road.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Were you on your bike?

No, My cousin was having a 50th party in Brighouse - Mamil cafe - good bike friendly cafe / bar shameless plug for my cousins mate....https://www.mamilcafebar.com/
But we drove up the valley thru Mytholmroyd to Hebden Bridge and around. Didn't get as far as Todmorden though. I also took the OH to see Emley Moor mast, which she was disappointed underwhelmed at the prospect of, but humoured me with allowing the detour when I told her it was bigger than The Shard.

GuyBoden

Guru
I'm afraid not. Bit of a lookalike but wrong part of the planet

the lack of signage on the bridge suggests a disused railway going over it... so I'll start in the north and work my way down :okay:

As you have suggested, I'm working my way from North to South, and I found this stunning disused bridge converted into a cycle and pedestrian path.

Thornton Viaduct near Bradford. Looks excellent, a proper bridge. :okay:

Thornton Viaduct.png

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I also took the OH to see Emley Moor mast, which she was disappointed underwhelmed at the prospect of, but humoured me with allowing the detour when I told her it was bigger than The Shard.
There's a coincidence... I pointed that mast out to @GuyBoden on our ride yesterday and mentioned that at one time it was the tallest structure in Europe**!

** I just read that Wikipedia article and discovered that the Emley Moor mast was second tallest, after the famous Berlin mast.

Top Bottom