Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
It's here, New Quay. I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to get a link from Google maps

Edit done it
Wales
https://maps.app.goo.gl/q2npsXm6RP9ceqES7
Well done. Over to you.

This is a better picture of New Quay, Wales.
New-Quay-Ceredigion-Wales.-Simon-Whaley-513c566.jpg

Assuming this is confirmed I'm afraid I won't be able to set one til this evening so if anyone has one ready to go feel free to gazump me

Well done, I hope the combination of the two cryptic clues helped you to find New Quay, Wales. I think we can wait until your NTR post this evening.
Clue 1: It's not in Cornwall.
Clue 2: This location is new.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ooops. I forgot. This may be a bit obscure and need some clues. First here's my photo
1697616568464.png

And here's Google's
1697617513631.png

NTR!

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That backdrop was so distinctive that I wouldn't have thought any clues were needed at this stage. As was proved in fact!

Personally I'd generally leave it a couple of days before adding clues, to allow a bit of time for those who want to do some detective work.

As it was I left it a whole 7 minutes. And it had gone, completely clueless. My cryptic references to Ratagan were not needed.

The reason I thought it obscure is that this is a no through road. It runs along the side of the loch to a place where a ferry used to be, but isn't any more. So people were unlikely to have ridden along it on their way to or from somewhere else (unless "somewhere else" happened to be a disused ferry building).

T4tomo

Legendary Member
As it was I left it a whole 7 minutes. And it had gone, completely clueless. My cryptic references to Ratagan were not needed.

The reason I thought it obscure is that this is a no through road. It runs along the side of the loch to a place where a ferry used to be, but isn't any more. So people were unlikely to have ridden along it on their way to or from somewhere else (unless "somewhere else" happened to be a disused ferry building).

which begs the questions:
was the ferry still there when you rode along it?
did you think, there must be a good NTR opportunity down that road
miss the turning to glen elg?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
which begs the questions:
was the ferry still there when you rode along it?
did you think, there must be a good NTR opportunity down that road
miss the turning to glen elg?

I have a shameful admission to make. I wasn't on my bike when I was there. But no, the ferry wasn't operational.

Mr Celine

Discordian

Not obscure to those of us slowly grinding their way through the munros. Mrs Celine and I bagged the five sisters a few years ago when staying at the excellent campsite at Morvich. The cliffs of Beinn Fhada, to the left of the sisters in your photo, are very distinctive from the campsite.

On a cycling note I drew the short straw and after the walk had to cycle 10 miles back up Glen Shiel into a howling headwind to retrieve the car.

Top Bottom