Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
On page 1 @ColinJ's rules can be viewed. They include this sentence:

It should be taken on a public road which you have ridden in the UK, or somewhere very interesting that you would like to ride one day.
So you can post a picture of anywhere in the UK as long as you can say you hope to ride it sometime.

I once used a 1969 photo of the Honister Pass. I've never ridden it, nor do I have any intention of doing so. But for the purposes of this thread, never say never.

As @slow scot has left a vacancy for the next puzzle, try this one, the validity of which is beyond question:

LPx.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So you can post a picture of anywhere in the UK as long as you can say you hope to ride it sometime.
Ideally, you actually WOULD hope to ride it...

I lived in Coventry for 20 years but never once felt tempted to ride on its Ring Road, but that didn't stop someone posting the RR on NTR few years ago!

Screenshot_20231019-191656_Maps.jpg

:laugh:

robjh

Legendary Member

I once used a 1969 photo of the Honister Pass. I've never ridden it, not do I have any intention of doing so. But for the purposes of this thread, never say never.

As @slow scot has left a vacancy for the next puzzle, try this one, the validity of which is beyond question:

View attachment 710634

A lot hinges on what that range of low hills in the distance are. Add to that we are probably looking E or NE, and the hills are maybe 20-ish miles away. Also that we are on the edge of some higher land, looking over a wide flatter area
I have my favourite theory about the hills, but that still leaves a lot of road to check.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly

I once used a 1969 photo of the Honister Pass. I've never ridden it, nor do I have any intention of doing so. But for the purposes of this thread, never say never.

View attachment 710634
Your bike is parked by the log at this gate. Ahead of you is Hillend Farm. To your right are the Malvern Hills (out of shot) and to your left (out of shot) is Longdon Marsh.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 171333.png

GuyBoden

Guru
Your bike is parked by the log at this gate. Ahead of you is Hillend Farm. To your right are the Malvern Hills (out of shot) and to your left (out of shot) is Longdon Marsh.

View attachment 710719
screenshot-2023-10-20-171333-png.png

Well done, but I'm still not sure where it is?

Somewhere in Gloucestershire? :laugh:

robjh

Legendary Member
There may be some clues along later. Meanwhile NTR

View attachment 710928
There's something unusual about that bridge profile - the height and continuous curve rather than clear sides+arch look more like a tunnel shape you would see over a railway than a road, so I at first wondered if this road was converted from an earlier railway line. However, seeing the gradient going up to and through that tunnel I now think that's less likely.
So no, I really don't know where it is at all.

Top Bottom