Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Here you go, name this road

View attachment 708885
img_2243-jpeg.jpg

I'm convinced this is mid Wales, but I can't really see the mountains clearly enough in the picture.

If @Ming the Merciless would show some mercy, mercy mercy and post a Google Street View pic of the same view, I'd have a better guess of the mountains. Thanks........ :cheers:

Alex321

Guru
That doesn't surprise me. I've been looking around the edges of Snowdonia, as that skyline does not look much like any of the main massifs in the north west, but so far not found it.

Looks more like Bannau Brycheinog to me (used to be called Brecon Beacons).

But I also haven't found it.

Think it is probably looking more or less South, maybe slightly East of South, given the shape of that tree.

Last edited:

GuyBoden

Guru
Here it is in North Wales:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.8...7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i17!5m1!1e4?entry=ttu

I've been on a long ride on Sunday and today, so I've been too busy.

Wales Oct 10th 2023.png

Last edited:

GuyBoden

Guru
It’s a lovely mountain road if you are in the area. I was riding from Bala to Dolgellau then Machynlleth that day. You ride to south end of Bala lake, right at main road, then shortly first left and away you go.

Your photo looked like Mid Wales to my eyes, but it might be classed as North Wales, I've never been on that particular road, but I have cycled over from Warrington to Bala, then to the Welsh coast many times when I was younger.

I'm not sure if the area is classified as being Mid Wales or North Wales.

Anyway, here's another:
NTR Oct 11th 2023.png

NTR

Last edited:
Top Bottom