Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Longridge Fell, Birdy Brow. I had a bit more time to look properly today.

Yes, I remember this 100km (hot) ride in June, I didn't have the GPS route I just followed Colin and his friend Bill. Yes, I struggled up anything slightly resembling a hill. It was soon after getting back onto my bike after being injured by a car.

Thanks @ColinJ for the clues and the ride.:okay:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.8...LaFMMgfQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e4?entry=ttu

Birdy Brow.png

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Boden/Bowland?

You mention more trees, so Forest of Bowland?
You've never been to the Forest of Bowland have you? :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You've never been to the Forest of Bowland have you? :whistle:
There are still a few trees! :laugh:

I wondered years ago why there was a so-called 'forest' which was almost treeless. I looked it up - forest as in historical royal hunting ground.

No, never even heard of it.
It is a beautiful area, fantastic for cycling. Well worth a visit. See the AONB website.

Longridge Fell, Birdy Brow. I had a bit more time to look properly today.
Finally! :okay:

In your defence, we didn't climb up Birdy Brow on our ride. OTOH, the road we did climb joins this road a km or two further along.

Birdy Brow is one of the well-known tough climbs in the area. I have only done it once and it was hard, but not quite as hard as I expected. There are even tougher ones not too far away.

Over to you again.

Willd

Guru
1695822141575.png

Ah goddamnit I did a ride this summer that had a stop at the Shroppie Fly. One of the best days of the year so we needed a shandy to hydrate.

Top Bottom