Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looks like Edburton Road, but can't quite get the exact angle.
Here maybe?

You are 100% correct. :smile:

Back to you

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Fab - that landscape is very distinctive, and I think I've posted a similar one previously about 5 miles to the west.

Okay, I think a few should know this, so should be quick.
notwhendrunk.jpg

NTR!

Last edited:

lazybloke

Damn, thought this would be quick!

Recap:
Clue 1: Friday night ride to the coast.
Clue 2: Same clue as before: this is only one county away from home; that narrows things down a bit.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Damn, thought this would be quick!

Recap:
Clue 1: Friday night ride to the coast.
Clue 2: Same clue as before: this is only one county away from home; that narrows things down a bit.

I got the fnrttc clue, and I've ridden to all of the regular destinations but I don't recognise this. Maybe because it was dark.

lazybloke

An extinct bird showed the way to fly.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So we've got a reservoir, with a road over the dam, and a golf course, on a FNRttC route, over half way from London to the coast (assuming it's a London FNRttC)

Should be easy.

robjh

Legendary Member
So we've got a reservoir, with a road over the dam, and a golf course, on a FNRttC route, over half way from London to the coast (assuming it's a London FNRttC)

Should be easy.

Dead bird leading the way sounds like it could be the Dod- in both dodo and Doddinghurst, but good luck if you can find a lake by a golf course on a minor road on that ride

lazybloke

Well done , @T4tomo , that's the spot.
I first cycled this way on my very first Friday night ride to the coast, 20th MAy 2016, which means I posted the photo pretty much 7 years later on the nose.

We went past this soon after the halfway stop, hence "over halfway there".

@Dogtrousers - it was 5.40 in the morning we went past, so it should have been light enough to notice. I think we had a chat about pronunciation of the placename "Slaugham" a few minutes later; not that I can put a face to your name, but the discussion did continue on the forum afterwards; you also posted a GPX of the route!

As it's a not a natural lake, a search of cyclechat for my mentions of the words "pond" would have identified the location immediately!

The other clues:
Flying was both a clue to the destination (Shoreham airfield) and with extinct birds a reference to ride leader "Flying Dodo".

Over to you T4tomo

Top Bottom