Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
Found it.
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.220...4!1smCsihEBWKscfv11z_-8znQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

1680821591039.png

The road doesn't seem to have a name - But is shortly after leaving Tedstone Delamere.

Tedstone being bear rock.
Delamere Forest being in Cheshire.

Last edited:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Found it.
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.220...4!1smCsihEBWKscfv11z_-8znQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

View attachment 684507

The road doesn't seem to have a name - But is shortly after leaving Tedstone Delamere.

Tedstone being bear rock.
Delamere Forest being in Cheshire.

Well done @Alex321 . No name for the road as far as I'm aware. Furthermore I need not explain my clues either. Over to you.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Riding with a group organised by Ed Laverack - who is the cyclist ahead of me ColinJ was suggesting was risking life & limb
The picture reminded me of a few times when I had gone into a bend 'too hot', which is even worse when the road is wet!

(One such time I encountered a huge horse just round the bend and nearly inserted my head up its rectum! :laugh:)

Mike_P

Guru
One such time I encountered a huge horse just round the bend and nearly inserted my head up its rectum! :laugh:
So that's the reason horses are likely to go mental as you overtake them!

A work colleague in a road race went round a bend fast almost next to the middle of road as a motorcyclist was doing to same in the other direction; resultant impact by the mirror on the motorbike caused his right arm to almost split in half longways.

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Reminded me immediately of the Hirnant pass from Vrynwy to Bala.

But I can't find a match.

I wonder how similar the streetview is given the plantations?

It looks Welsh, so probably Norfolk!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thank you, @Alex321.

Another road with no obvious name. I'm sure it's been called many things!

View attachment 685501
No idea where it is but it looks lovely.
Yes, that IS a fine road! It is the kind of place that I love to ride so I will be interested to find out where it is.

So that's the reason horses are likely to go mental as you overtake them!
Ha ha - one of 2 encounters with horses that make me extremely cautious with them now!

A work colleague in a road race went round a bend fast almost next to the middle of road as a motorcyclist was doing to same in the other direction; resultant impact by the mirror on the motorbike caused bus right arm to almost split in half longways.
:eek:

I was out on my bike once and came to an emergency road closure on a local hilltop lane. A police officer told me that a similar thing had happened between a motorcycle and a car. The motorcyclist was just being put into an air ambulance helicopter in an adjacent field. They eventually let me through to avoid a huge detour, but I had to walk my bike along the grass verge to avoid disturbing evidence which might be used in an accident enquiry.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
The road is a well-known cycling challenge, and I'm sure someone here must have ridden it. It's featured on decisive stages of the Milk Race but I don't think it's featured on any of the more recent professional variants.

Heading westwards, by the time you reach the spot in the picture the devilish part is well behind you.

Top Bottom