Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I'd forgotten it was New Year until the fireworks woke me up. Let's hope this one's happy.

Try this. I have no clues in mind yet so I hope someone can figure it out:

Ya.jpg

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Looks like Heysham's 1 & 2 reactors near the left horizon... but I'm fairly certain it isn't
You are correct that it isn't.

The buildings you've pointed out are relevant, but the picture contains another man-made structure which ought to be far more helpful.

robjh

Legendary Member
From the small and grainy view I get on this phone, there looks to be a (large?) road curling round a hill in the top r/h corner, which disappears below the horizon of the main flat area that we are standing on.
Does that mean that there is a valley out of sight behind the first line of trees? Or does the road continue at a lower level on the right of the photo?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I was thinking it might be close to the LEL route, but after looking at a recent version on RwGPS, it seems it isn't particularly. HTH.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
...so it sounds as though your task is to figure out which one it is.

I did have a quick look earlier but no joy so far. I was convinced that I had spotted it on an OS map but Street View showed me that I was wrong.

I will have another look later if nobody else beats me to it. I have a few other things to do first.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will have another look later if nobody else beats me to it. I have a few other things to do first.
Well, since you lot have been skiving, I'll have to do it for you...

HERE! :okay:

Covenham reservoir.jpg

It is obviously somewhere with very flat agricultural land, and drainage ditches along both sides of the road. The road is narrow and very straight. I just opened my digital OS map at the Humber and panned it east and west while scrolling southwards looking out for reservoirs. It actually only took me a few seconds to spot it!

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Well done @ColinJ, putting it out of its misery!

I thought it should've been fairly easy, as I don't think there are many reservoirs of similar design in prime agricultural land. The comments about LEL were genuinely intended to help, since you'd probably spot it when scanning the map along the route.

Let's have a good one Colin!

Top Bottom