Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Geography pedantry: Can I just say that Clent isn't in Birmingham. I grew up round there and had friends who lived in Clent. And it certainly isn't in Selly Oak. Although all three are not terribly far from each other.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'll give you tricky then.
View attachment 668427

After a bit of searching for hill climbing events in the west midlands... i happened across one held on Gorcott Hill nr Redditch.

gorcott hill.jpg

A few changes since the SV car went up, but i'm 95% certain it's this one.

BrumJim

After a bit of searching for hill climbing events in the west midlands... i happened across one held on Gorcott Hill nr Redditch.

View attachment 668587

A few changes since the SV car went up, but i'm 95% certain it's this one.

Correct. Surprised no one got it sooner. Put "Schools" into your search engine along with Hillclimb and Warwickshire or Beacon RCC (even though we are in Worcestershire), and it comes up very quickly. Omit "schools" and it is nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:

BrumJim

Geography pedantry: Can I just say that Clent isn't in Birmingham. I grew up round there and had friends who lived in Clent. And it certainly isn't in Selly Oak. Although all three are not terribly far from each other.

You very much can. Clent is definitely not in Birmingham. Lickey Hill, however, despite being just outside the city boundary, arguably is, as it was set aside for the people of Birmingham, and its sole purpose is to give people a great view over the city.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You very much can. Clent is definitely not in Birmingham. Lickey Hill, however, despite being just outside the city boundary, arguably is, as it was set aside for the people of Birmingham, and its sole purpose is to give people a great view over the city.
There were some very odd people living in Clent back then, as well as my mates. The kind of place that might inspire Royston Vasey.

BrumJim

Lincolnshire. Trying to work out if the ridge in the distance is a ditch or a railway, but my guess is ditch.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Lincolnshire. Trying to work out if the ridge in the distance is a ditch or a railway, but my guess is ditch.

It's Lincolnshire-flat but does it have to be Lincolnshire? Last year I rode to York from Nottinghamshire and the flat bits next to the Ouse near Selby looked just like that.

Top Bottom