Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Leafy Warwickshire? :scratch:
Generally, we wait for the poster of the picture to feed us a clue later if we are stuck. :okay:

For example, if I posted a local picture it would be fine for someone to post "The dry stone walls look like those in West Yorkshire, where Colin is based" but it wouldn't be so good to ask "Is it in Yorkshire?", "West Yorkshire?", "Within 10 km of Hebden Bridge?" and so on, to avoid turning the game into merely one of '20 questions'!

(It does look like Warwickshire though! :whistle:)

si_c

Guru
Generally, we wait for the poster of the picture to feed us a clue later if we are stuck. :okay:

For example, if I posted a local picture it would be fine for someone to post "The dry stone walls look like those in West Yorkshire, where Colin is based" but it wouldn't be so good to ask "Is it in Yorkshire?", "West Yorkshire?", "Within 10 km of Hebden Bridge?" and so on, to avoid turning the game into merely one of '20 questions'!

(It does look like Warwickshire though! :whistle:)

That's a beacon RCC club jersey for what it's worth...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

That's a beacon RCC club jersey for what it's worth...
Well spotted!

That's a good example of what I was getting at (if you are correct!) - sharing information to narrow the search seems like a good idea if you don't have the time/inclination to do the search yourself.

An answer to "Which club organised that event?" would narrow the search too much, just as the Dragon Hotel pub sign did.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

image name reveals a date for the event :okay:
Has it been edited since then? :whistle:

I always rename my pictures to 'Name that road #xx.jpg', incrementing 'xx' each time to avoid giveaways like this...

SS on Calderbrook Rd landslip.jpg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Has it been edited since then? :whistle:

I always rename my pictures to 'Name that road #xx.jpg', incrementing 'xx' each time to avoid giveaways like this...

View attachment 668435

Yes, it has.

GuyBoden

Guru
Top Bottom