Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Another one.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Hmm - looks industrial with that armco on the RHS, but metalled road strangely turns into a track without any turning spot, other than something on the left. A lot of electricity going on there, makes me think hydro power station, but doesn't look high enough - well above the tree line. Or ski resort, but wrong country.

Strange mast sort of thing in the middle there. That must be unusual.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes... I sent my cousin up it a few years ago***! Used for the national hill climb championships in the past - Pea Royd Lane Stocksbridge.

*** Strictly speaking, the Tour de Yorkshire sportive did, but I invited him down from Scotland to ride it!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Well done Colin!

Venod

Eh up
I think I know it! Checking...

Correct Colin I was surprised no one got it from the first picture.

There are some climbs to be savoured and enjoyed, this isn't one of them its just a relief to get to the top, over to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Correct Colin I was surprised no one got from the first picture.

There are some climbs to be savoured and enjoyed, this isn't one of them its just a relief to get to the top, over to you.
I should have got it from the original picture because I Streetviewed the climb before my cousin signed up for the ride. I knew that I had seen it before but I convinced myself that it was in this area. It looks a bit like some places here but I wasn't even able to find them! :laugh:

I have a few roads in mind but I am going to have to check that I haven't already posted pictures of them in this thread... Back soon!

Tribansman

Veteran
Ok. I have got a series of 6 doctored Streetview photos up a climb. I will post one a day until somebody works out where they were taken. It becomes increasingly obvious as the sequence progresses. If there is still no solution I will post one written clue!

Picture #1:
View attachment 566667

Name that road!

Mytholm Steeps?
Edit: nope, checked that climb and it's not that...

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
My first thoughts were Jackson's Bridge but alas not, it's very Holme Valley looking, but then again it could be anywhere in Calderdale or maybe not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

My first thoughts were Jackson's Bridge
That is one local(-ish) climb that I have never actually looked at before. Wow - it looks tough, pretty much on par with Pea Royd Lane! I must get fit this year and go over to ride up it.

I found this video. I'm not sure if I believe that it was actually shot from a pedal bicycle because the picture was so steady, but it is fun to watch anyway.

It looks pretty quick to do it in the 7 minutes taken on the video. What is scary is that the record for that climb is under 4 minutes! :eek:

Top Bottom