Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
He won it in 2011. We just didn't realise then.

Good point about Cooke. Post edited and I'll try to edit wikipedia later.
Has he ever done a lap of honour for it?

• Laugh
Reactions: mjr
It's a pity he doesn't get more credit. A 7 time grand tour winner and he gets less credit than Wiggins.

Is he on this list?

1719322710741.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
That had interesting timing though, didn't it?

Froome didn't actually win the 2011 Vuelta until 8 years after it had finished, when Cobo was stripped of the title. In the meantime Wiggins appeared to be the first Britain to win a GT in 2012, and indeed he was ... Until 2019 when he wasn't any more. Or was he? :wacko:

Gotta love cycling
Who's to say it's all over even now? Wiggins crossed the line fourth in the 2009 Tour and he's already climbed up to third. There must be enough dirt on Contador and Schleck to discredit them if the will were there, and provided you can also conveniently overlook anything suspicious around Wiggins, maybe he'll end up as the winner.

Back when I watched F1, I remember Martin Brundle (who never missed a chance of reminding us what a great driver he was) used to brag about his ten podiums. From memory, two of these were in the season when his team were found to have been adding weights to the cars at the last pit stop to bring them up to the legal limit, and the drivers were stripped of any points won that year. But basking in the adulation of the crowd and spraying the champagne? You can't make him not have been there.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You don't get to make the nationality laws and xenophobia is ugly.

What? Not a hint of xenophobia in my post.
Merely pointing out why he doesn't get the recognition in the UK.
A flag of convenience for him, just like Graeme Hick, Allan Lamb, Jofra Archer, Ben Healy, Dan Martin. No criticism from me.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Who's to say it's all over even now? Wiggins crossed the line fourth in the 2009 Tour and he's already climbed up to third.
There's a statute of limitations or something like that isn't there? ISTR that it was only because Lance Who made his comeback that USADA were able to go after him. If he'd stayed retired then the time would have run out on his previous cheating and he'd have been untouchable.

I don't know how long it is. Or even if it's actually a real thing and not something I imagined

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What? Not a hint of xenophobia in my post.
Merely pointing out why he doesn't get the recognition in the UK.
A flag of convenience for him, just like Graeme Hick, Allan Lamb, Jofra Archer, Ben Healy, Dan Martin. No criticism from me.
That wasn't all the post did. Unlike some on your list, Froome sounds British, his family growing up were British and he's got a very British outlook on life. Plus, nationality laws say he is. Who are we to contradict? That way lies a slippery slope of "not British enough" which I think is pretty dangerous. Confusing for sport, too.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That wasn't all the post did. Unlike some on your list, Froome sounds British, his family growing up were British and he's got a very British outlook on life. Plus, nationality laws say he is. Who are we to contradict? That way lies a slippery slope of "not British enough" which I think is pretty dangerous. Confusing for sport, too.

I'm not contradicting, as I explained...
... but I'll leave you to your misinterpretions. Ciao

Top Bottom