Football commentator's view on road cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Add walking around the garden to the list Ouch

"Archibald out of Olympics after freak garden accident "

She should have stuck to a Herb Garden, or maybe Vegetable Garden. What a shame :-(

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Wayne Rooney. Case closed.

Quite an intelligent gut from the articles I've read and interviews I've heard him give. Don't be fooled by the comments you here while they are still actively playing, they stick to the PR formula because they know anything they say will be taken out of context in the worst possible way - ie "We perhaps could have done with a taller centre back to cope with the wingers crosses" will be headlined "CARLOS QUICKBALL SLAMS MANAGER'S TEAM SELECTION"

And footballers are contractually barred from riding motorcycles too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Quite an intelligent gut from the articles I've read and interviews I've heard him give. Don't be fooled by the comments you here while they are still actively playing, they stick to the PR formula because they know anything they say will be taken out of context in the worst possible way - ie "We perhaps could have done with a taller centre back to cope with the wingers crosses" will be headlined "CARLOS QUICKBALL SLAMS MANAGER'S TEAM SELECTION"

And footballers are contractually barred from riding motorcycles too.

Im not a fan of Rooney, though a fabulous footballer he was, but he gives and does a lot for charity. Its easy to bash footballers and call them thick whilst not looking at what they do for various charities. A lot of them not even advertising the fact.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
How many footballers keel over with cardiac arrest while playing a game? That's befallen several pro footballists lately, and just before I moved house a footballist in the village sadly keeled over and died halfway through a game. Seems to be a spot of cycling is the least of their worries.
Cycling is usually good for heart health. Maybe the idiot bosses telling them not to do it are increasing the risk of this sort of death? It would be far from the first time where managers harmed their players unintentionally.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Tell us which countries and approximate time into the half and we'll make a complaint on BBC website

AndyRM

XOXO
Is there an intelligence requirement for supporting charities quietly?

Is there an intelligence requirement for being a footballer? Like most elite athletes, which is essentially what we're discussing here, they have to devote huge levels of time and effort to reaching the pinnacle of their sport.

Is it any wonder that they don't all shine academically? There are plenty of examples of high profile people in sport who have managed to balance both, but it's easier to just label them all thick and selfish.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Is there an intelligence requirement for being a footballer? Like most elite athletes, which is essentially what we're discussing here, they have to devote huge levels of time and effort to reaching the pinnacle of their sport.

Is it any wonder that they don't all shine academically? There are plenty of examples of high profile people in sport who have managed to balance both, but it's easier to just label them all thick and selfish.

Yes, I agree, but the suggestion of quiet charity support as a sign of intelligence is still farking bat shoot!

Top Bottom