FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Hello everyone,

New content on my page, check it out

www.justgiving.com/mikesbigbikeride

yostumpy

Guru
really want to go on this one, OOps! I'm a newbee, saw this on yacf, used to live 100yds from the waterfront club, hav'nt been back for 9 years, bit scary really 'if you know wat i mean' where do you all meet up. wats the time scale, do you all ride together, Oh Please let me go PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!;)

TimO

Guru
yostumpy said:
really want to go on this one, OOps! I'm a newbee, saw this on yacf, used to live 100yds from the waterfront club, hav'nt been back for 9 years, bit scary really 'if you know wat i mean' where do you all meet up. wats the time scale, do you all ride together, Oh Please let me go PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!;)

See Simon's "Here's the Basics" on the FNRttC Blog. It's a little out of date in place, but the essentials are still current.

Paddington

matthew said:
Simon

PS Paddington, do you ride or train home from Whitstable, the return journey yesterday has whetted my apatite for craziness.

Sounds like a good plan - saves all that faffing around looking for cheapest fares... ;)

alinaee

Hi, Please put me down for this ride. It will be my first fnrttc too!!

redjedi

Über Member
Can you put me down for this one please Simon.

Davywalnuts said:
If we stay for a beer or too, I will get the urge to get lashed and not cycle home... but, will there be pubs open at the time we get there to serve refreshment of the alcoholic type and will we end up lasting the session?

That's what recce rides are for. While Simons arranging the cafe you can scout around for a suitable watering hole. Then use your charms to get them to open early :evil:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Marilyn B
Louise L
Katsura I
Barry J
Andrij B
Peter W
Adrian C
Matt L
Martin F
Clive B
Tim O
Andy C
Stuart A
John G
Matthew S
Els V
William C
Jo H
Jane D
User10571 B
Claudine C
Rachael W
Al MacD
Chris M
Davy S
Andrea W
Andrew A
Lee 1010
Alastair S
Anthony McC
Kim W
Andrew B
Tim H
Nicholas T
Luke C

stoofer and alinaee - if you haven't done so you need to send me an e-mail....

I have some bad news. I once spent a week in Whitstable and I didn't find a decent pub. Now, I think the cafe we take breakfast in has a license, and I'll ask the expert, but, if I don't find anything, it's back down the Graveney marshes road.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
I have some bad news. I once spent a week in Whitstable and I didn't find a decent pub.

Mein Gott! Mind you, I'm not sure if we're applying the same criteria. Did they get short shrift for offering you the Blanc-de-Blancs when only the Cristal would do? Or have I been paying too much attention to Spire?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
theclaud said:
Mein Gott! Mind you, I'm not sure if we're applying the same criteria. Did they get short shrift for offering you the Blanc-de-Blancs when only the Cristal would do? Or have I been paying too much attention to Spire?
you have indeed - call me a snob, but I'll take Blanc de Blancs over Cristal any day.

Whitstable's a funny kind of place. It wants to be Southwold. It can't quite shake off being Leysdown. Now I prefer Leysdown to Southwold, so I'm probably overstating things.

Origamist

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
I have some bad news. I once spent a week in Whitstable and I didn't find a decent pub. Now, I think the cafe we take breakfast in has a license, and I'll ask the expert, but, if I don't find anything, it's back down the Graveney marshes road.

I'm not fussy, I grew up boozing in Plymouth's Union St (if you have not had the pleasure, you can get a feel for its ambience by watching "Cops with Cameras"...

The Beach Cafe at Whitstable did have taps and sparklers - so we might be in luck.

Hopefully someone with local knowledge will pipe-up.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
you have indeed - call me a snob, but I'll take Blanc de Blancs over Cristal any day.

Whitstable's a funny kind of place. It wants to be Southwold. It can't quite shake off being Leysdown. Now I prefer Leysdown to Southwold, so I'm probably overstating things.

Snob.

Have you read any WG Sebald?

Top Bottom