Fantasy Tour de France 2024 *** SPOILERS ***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I had Cav as well, but have actually gone down in the cyclechat league!

Me too.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So how would my theoretical best of British team be doing?

It's slighly different from how I posted it above because I forgot Pidders somehow. But its still possible to pick Pidders and squeeze in Pog as all-rounder 2 and stay in budget. (This is because there's only one Brit - Thomas - on the list of all-rounders, so I need to get a ringer in to make up a full team).

The team is: Geraint Thomas, Tadej Pogacar, Adam Yates, Simon Yates, Mark Cavendish, Thomas Pidcock, Fred Wright, Stevie Williams, Oscar Onley

Brits not picked are Dan McLay, Ben Turner, Jake Stewart. I can't pick any of those in place of Pog as they aren't "all rounders" and the team needs 2 of those.

Current score is 1,942 points (of which Pog contributes 51%). Position in the CC league would be 34th out of 38.

Last edited:

Alex321

Guru
Every one of my riders has scored points! (finally) If not very many. Which doesn't always before they start dropping out. Been a low attrition first week too.

So have mine, but I'm still dead last in the CC league.

And yes, I haven't lost any riders yet either. Which is quite unusual.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

I'm sliding down the league a bit now, especially Sprint days as Mads Pedersen dropped out and Cav hasn't featured strongly since his stage 5 heroics.

Alex321

Guru
I'm sliding down the league a bit now, especially Sprint days as Mads Pedersen dropped out and Cav hasn't featured strongly since his stage 5 heroics.

I almost picked Girmay, he is one of my favourite sprinters (and I generally like Intermarche since they ride Cube bikes)

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...

Jeepers! I can see why you've chosen your riders, but, in hindsight, it couldn't really have gone much worse for you, @Alex321 !

Blimey, I don't think I've ever been so highly placed, thanks to my boys Romain and Bini (with a bit of help from Carapaz)

Thibaut's Goats is not just leading the CC league but also 148th overall, out of nearly 30,000.

It won't last. :sad:

Marathon, not a sprint etc.
Still well inside the top 100 overall, @Dogtrousers ! Interesting that all the top 6 overall at this point have Turgis as one of their choices. Swapping Mørkøv for Turgis with 20:20 hindsight would put you well into the top 10...

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yes I was fondly hoping Morkov would pick up a few top 20s after leading Cav out to victory :laugh:

Last edited:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
This is just like the real TdF: @Dogtrousers is way out front and we’re all wondering quite how he does it, and the only remaining real excitement is who picks up the minor placings!

Venod

Eh up
I came out on top last year, not so good this year, was in the twenty's last week, now up to fourth, lost Pidcock, can I make the podium ?

Top Bottom