EV Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
There's quite a bit of rumbling bass road noise when driving on anything other than perfectly smooth surfaces, but I'm probably noticing that mostly because I'm not hearing an engine note.
There's no probably. That's a definite. If you ever have cause to drive on the south-west bit of the M25 which has a concrete surface you will think that the car is about to collapse at any moment due to the deafening sound from the concrete.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There's no probably. That's a definite. If you ever have cause to drive on the south-west bit of the M25 which has a concrete surface you will think that the car is about to collapse at any moment due to the deafening sound from the concrete.

We were there at the weekend jct 9-10. It’s an absolute travesty.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I miss the old concrete road surfaces. There used to be one outside my old school, but both have been removed and replaced, and it is the road surface that I miss. Why? The hum and rhythm of the gaps is just so comforting.

OK, I am a bit strange like that.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
I miss the old concrete road surfaces. There used to be one outside my old school, but both have been removed and replaced, and it is the road surface that I miss. Why? The hum and rhythm of the gaps is just so comforting.
OK, I am a bit strange like that.
Trust me, in an EV it ain't a hum...

CXRAndy

Guru
Tim, I was around at my daughter's house. I thought I would take some photos of the upgrades my electrician did to the meter box and connection to the garage .

The garage now has 50A supply with it's own consumer unit for Zappi and all electrics + provision of solar /battery storage.

He added an additional switch inside the meter box (upto date regs) and further outside MCB protecting the garage

You may also see the CT clamp hardwired back to the Zappi, to control excess demand

I pulled all the armoured cables between the buildings, which was a bloody struggle. Builder used wrong trunking (ribbed) with unnecessary bends and fencing contractor but weight of fence post just ontop.. Job would have been absolute doddle if they had let me lay proper underground trunking before they tarmacked the drive

1000015681.jpg

1000015683.jpg

Last edited:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Tim, I was around at my daughter's house. I thought I would take some photos of the upgrades my electrician did to the meter box and connection to the garage .

The garage now has 50A supply with it's own consumer unit for Zappi and all electrics + provision of solar /battery storage.

He added an additional switch inside the meter box (upto date regs) and further outside MCB protecting the garage

You may also see the CT clamp hardwired back to the Zappi, to control excess demand

I pulled all the armoured cables between the buildings, which was a bloody struggle. Builder used wrong trunking (ribbed) with unnecessary bends and fencing contractor but weight of fence post just ontop.. Job would have been absolute doddle if they had let me lay proper underground trunking before they tarmacked the drive
Thanks Andy, that's great to know what to expect. Looks like a tidy job in the end. :okay:

Top Bottom