Ebay no longer charging private sellers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It looks like I may be wrong. Just googled and it says no final selling fees. So how will they make any money

Good news all round then!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This would have been really beneficial about 6 months ago. I've sold over £5k of second-hand items this year with about £800 going in fees. That £800 could have bought more bike stuff.

In fact eBay was going to classify me as a business seller but I've asked them not to. I don't need 1000 listings a month, not now at least.

And @welsh dragon - they'll make money from business sellers who outnumber private sellers both in volume and price.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
This would have been really beneficial about 6 months ago. I've sold over £5k of second-hand items this year with about £800 going in fees. That £800 could have bought more bike stuff.

In fact eBay was going to classify me as a business seller but I've asked them not to. I don't need 1000 listings a month, not now at least.

And @welsh dragon - they'll make money from business sellers who outnumber private sellers both in volume and price.

I'm tempted to give it a whirl now.

screenman

Legendary Member
EBay can go an do one as far as I’m concerned.

The fees are far too high and they don’t support sellers.

After 22 years, selling over a thousand items I got scammed this year, on an item I know was delivered, buyer claimed not to have received it.
These things happen, but what boiled my piss that eBay took the side of the buyer and gave me their customer, no assistance and I had to refund the buyer.

I’ve deleted my account and I shall never buy or sell through them again.

Was that sent tracked and signed for?

neilrichardson55

Used to sell on eBay. but so many, people scamming. sold a high end B and o system that was sold for a silly amount of money no where near its worth. person collected it from my house and tested it. took the item. drove home then the same day after 8PM i got a message it don't work i will have to get it serviced and repaired i want a refund. even after testing it and being happy at my house. ask for it to be returned they refused. i stopped selling.

vickster

Legendary Member
Easily dealt with by withdrawing after the sale.

Only if they release it to you quickly however

Only if they release it to you quickly however

Ebay have been paying me (direct to account) faster than I've been posting items so far, if that changes and they introduce delays in releasing funds its no problem for me to introduce delays to posting items :whistle:

e-rider

Banned member
Used to sell on eBay. but so many, people scamming. sold a high end B and o system that was sold for a silly amount of money no where near its worth. person collected it from my house and tested it. took the item. drove home then the same day after 8PM i got a message it don't work i will have to get it serviced and repaired i want a refund. even after testing it and being happy at my house. ask for it to be returned they refused. i stopped selling.

It is full of scammers no doubt about that. I use it to sell low value items and it generally works OK although the fees were a ripoff. I wouldn't sell anything of value on there that I couldn't afford to lose the money from as there are just too many scammers and the postal services are terrible, and making a claim if it goes missing is the biggest pain in the behind on this earth and takes months and months of stress to claim £20

albion

Guru
Banks work on margins of less that 1%.
Bricks and Mortar auction sites used to charge 15 or 20 %.

The 13% fee for the web posting is massive. 5% would be a customer friendly ball park figure.

Top Bottom