Do you use toeclips?

Well do you?

• Are you insane?

• Never stopped

• These polls never have the exact option for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I've tried clipless. I see the appeal. It's not for me. Anyone else?

s5JD9GX.jpg

The love that dare not speak its name

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Swapped over to mtb clip in pedals about 4 years ago
Still have a fixie with toe cage's on though

ChrisEyles

Guru
Big fan of toe clips here, use them all the time for road cycling. Cheaper than SPDs and I like not having to change shoes to ride my bike.

Only ever used flats for MTB riding, but after a couple of close shaves having my feet near bounced off the pedals, I'm half tempted to give toe clips a go here too.

Slioch

Guru
This is the huge misconception about clipless pedals. Despite many users claiming efficiency and power benefits that just isn't what they are about.

Agreed. The main benefits for me are that I get a consistent foot position on the pedals which is good for my knees, and my feet don't bounce off the pedals when I hit a bump.

All this alleged increase in power because you can pull up as well as push down is nonsense, I tell you!

One thing I don't miss about toestraps is the need to lean down to tighten them when setting off. The number of times I nearly ended up in the hedge...........

Last edited:

BigMeatball

All this alleged increase in power because you can pull up as well as push down is nonsense, I tell you!

I agree completely. The pull up thing is just nonsense.

One huge benefit I found in using clipless pedals is more efficiency (rather than pure power/speed). I would do the same workout, same time, same speed, but I'd be way less tired than when I'd use flat pedals. I'd say clipless pedals should be a must when you do touring and need to have fresh legs as much as possible.

Top Bottom